Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Forum Member

Value of Pentax MZ-S film camera?

Wondering if anyone knows what a mint-condition MZ-S film camera (with box, manual and everything) is worth. These don't seem to come up for sale too often, so it's difficult to determine what exactly they're worth.

Thanks for your help!

01-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Brucie Quote
Wondering if anyone knows what a mint-condition MZ-S film camera (with box, manual and everything) is worth. These don't seem to come up for sale too often, so it's difficult to determine what exactly they're worth.

Thanks for your help!
Easy - you could sell one to KEH for $339. I just went and checked, and gave it a perfect condition.

I believe the body only was still at $399 when I went onto their site to confirm this last fall. IF it includes the BG-10 grip, I got a quote of $499, IIRC. However, due to it's scarcity, it might be worth around the $550-->$650 range, possibly higher.

I picked one up from a BIN auction last October for $499. Included the BG-10 grip and 8 rolls of film, 7 of them Velvia. Perfect condition, one roll of film through it. I cannot even tell it's been taken out to be used. Included boxes, manual, everything.

Hope that helps?

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 01-25-2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: clarification
01-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Marc. I sure appreciate your help.