Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #1

Super A / Super Program won't fire.

I was in the midst of a shoot today when my Super A won't fire.

I took two shot with it in AUTO and after I changed the lens, it won't do anything when I depress the shutter release. I took the battery out and reinserted it and it still won't do anything.

So I took out the film and battery and used those in my back-up ME Super. I returned to the Super-A a few hours later and all is fine again.

This camera had been my most reliable for the 3 years that I owned it. I had another Super-A that gave me some blank frames when it is very cold. However after the incident today I kind of lost faith in Super A / Super Program.

Are there known age-related issues with Super A / Super Program cameras? I rarely use A-setting but it is nice to know I can if I really wanted to.

07-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
if the shutter start to open, then you feel it's block, then it mean you have to change the battery.

It took me lots of time to discover it.
07-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed with aurele: these are very reliable cameras, and most likely your batteries are hovering in the marginal range. That means the camera will work unpredictably until you put a fresh pair in. I can't be 100% sure, but it is very inexpensive to find out.