Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
There's always the easy work around if you just want to dabble in film, just buy C41 developed B&W film, then you can just take it to one of the few remaining places that do color film and they run it through like normal. The local Target still does film developing plus scanning to CD for like $3 a roll and the quality is pretty darn good for just sharing online.

This would be my choice for that: Kodak BW400CN 135-36 Black & White Film 1629617 B&H Photo I've been VERY pleased with the results of it. Now I've started final setup of the darkroom I'm already shooting Ilford B&W chemical stuff.

Oh, and I think a major reason expired B&W film works better than expired color is because with B&W you really only have to worry about contrast where with old color film its usually the colors that go a bit off first because they break down unevenly between the layers so it looks obviously bad much sooner.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
c41, day, ff, film, hell, iso, k1000, lens, person, viewfinder