Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Took it out this morning for a bit. It's a gray day here, about to rain hard, so I'm not thinking the shots I took will be stellar. But I just wanted to actually shoot a bit and try it out, make sure that it works. I'm totally fascinated with this dual match needle thing. The more I use it the more I wish all my film SLR's had this. Even with my bad eyes this camera was amazingly easy to focus. I usually struggle with focusing a fair bit with film cameras because my eyes are so raw some days. Focusing this camera is just a pleasure. Nice screen too. I've read that it's supposed to be a bit dark but you can't tell that by me. I think the screen on this camera is just lovely.

08-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Also check to see if the "Judas" window shows the aperture, sometimes it gets dirty.

Phil.
08-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I can see it just fine. Cleanest screens I've ever seen on an old camera. I honestly think whoever owned it took it out shooting maybe just long enough to dent the one wheel and rub off a bit of the paint then put it away in a bag and never shot the thing again. It was a bit dusty on the outside from sitting on a shelf but inside it's just immaculate. I'm just hoping that it works as well as I think it does that the meter isn't out of wack. I'm going to have to put off shipping it and the Spottie F to Eric until I can make me some $$$. I can see myself really wanting to shoot with this one a lot.