Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Error in bulb mode, Pentax Super A

Hi

Realise that it is a bit hard for anyone to help me when you can't see the camera but I have an old Pentax Super A that I have used with few problems for the last several years. Just taken it out to rural France to try and do some star trails, but when I got here the bulb mode was no longer working - very frustrating because I have been waiting to try out star trails for months! It is odd because the bulb setting definitely was working the last time I looked at it a few weeks ago, and even now, the camera seems to function fine in Auto, M, and 125. When I switch the wheel to bulb, though, the display just reads 'E' and the shutter will not open. Does anyone have any ideas as to why/how this could be? Any ideas on how to fix it? I'd love to get it sorted before I leave so that I can at least have one or two attempts at star trails.

Thanks!

08-25-2012, 08:05 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I don't have this camera - and unless there is something else wrong, according to the manual you get the "E" in bulb mode if the lens aperture ring is set to "A". Move the aperture ring off of "A" mode into any appropriate f stop you want.
08-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #3

Original Poster
I am an idiot. Thanks very much that was exactly the reason!
08-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I am certain I have done something more idiotic . . . but would rather not say

Anyway, happy trails and post some results when you have them!

09-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks - here's the first attempt. A little disappointing but the fundamentals appear to be there. Sadly it will probably be months before I can try again!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photo-critique/197765-night-star-trails-f...ml#post2082812