Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #1

MV

I found this camera at a garage sale, it is ASHI/PENTAX MV, It can be set for Auto, 100X or B, I quess the 100k is for flash , the B is for bulb , and the auto I am just not for sure if it is fully auto or priority, there is no info in the screen like the K1000. It has a Vivitar 28mm/1.2 wide angle lense. If some one could fill me in on this camera I thank you

01-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's a terrific little camera. It is aperture-priority only, but you can adjust the EV's although I can't recall how exactly. Try here for more info on the camera:

Pentax MV - Camerapedia.org
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Finn very informative
01-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Pentaxian

MV

The MV, like all the M-series cameras, has an electronically controlled shutter. I believe that they were the first Pentax cameras to have them.

The 100 setting is both the maximum flash synch speed and a mechanically controlled shutter speed. This means that, if the batteries fail, you will lose the light meter, but you can still shoot pictures at 1/100 second. At any other speed, the batteries are required.

You can download a copy of the owner's manual at Pentax Imaging - Home. Just navigate through the customer support menus.

I have an ME Super, which is similar to the MV, but has a fully manual mode, as well. Its a great little camera.