Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #1

AF-360FGZ on K1000?

My new (to me) K1000 SE showed up today, and I'm in love! I also own a K100D and recently got a AF-360FGZ flash for it.

Although I know that this flash won't communicate in any way with the K1000, it appears to fit in the hot shoe. This is the only flash I have, and I'm still a very green newbie at using it. Any reason why it won't work on the K1000? Might it work in "A" mode?

cyrene

01-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #2

I dont believe it will work in any other mode than Manual. I dont know much (read anything) about pentax flashes, but if it has its own sensor for judging exposure you could use it in one of the (semi)-auto modes but Im not sure.

Thanks
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cyrene Quote
Although I know that this flash won't communicate in any way with the K1000, it appears to fit in the hot shoe. This is the only flash I have, and I'm still a very green newbie at using it. Any reason why it won't work on the K1000? Might it work in "A" mode?
Works on my MX in "A" and "M" modes with no problems. If you leave it in P-TTL it will still fire at full power, as it would in "M" mode at 1/1 setting. In "A" mode you will have distance range based on ISO and f-stop, in the "M" mode there is no distance indicator since flash does not know what aperture is set.

Also, change ZOOM control to manually set FL to match your lens and you are good to go.
02-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Glisin Quote
Works on my MX in "A" and "M" modes with no problems. If you leave it in P-TTL it will still fire at full power, as it would in "M" mode at 1/1 setting. In "A" mode you will have distance range based on ISO and f-stop, in the "M" mode there is no distance indicator since flash does not know what aperture is set.

Also, change ZOOM control to manually set FL to match your lens and you are good to go.
Thanks Ivan! You've encouraged me to give it a try in "A" mode.