Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #1

Pentax Super Program

I just found this site looking to see if my Pentax Super Program was worth anything these days. I bought it new back in the early eighty's with various Pentax lenses,and flash, and it's been in my closet for 25 years or so. Any advice on it's value would be appreciated.

09-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Check eBay Completed Auctions for used gear value.

Chris
09-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome on board !

The Super Program is a hell of a good SLR

If you decide to sell your lens and flash too, i suggest you to check out in the review section, specialy for lens.
On the top of the page, under the logo, click on Lens then on Pentax lens reviews if it's a Pentax brand lens, or third party lens reviews if it's not a Pentax brand lens.

Do you want to tell us what you have to sell apart the Super Program ?
09-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #4

Original Poster
I also have the Pentax AF200T Automatic Electronic Flash Unit , An SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 50 mm lens, An SMC Pentax-A 1:4-5.6 35-80 mm lens , An MC Cosmicar Zoom 1:4 70-200 mm lens and a Takumar-A 2X Tele- Converter.

09-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are going to sell, may I suggest you give at least the following information:
Many people say only "Camera for sale" which is hardly attractive to a buyer.

1) The condition of the lens - fungus? haze? dust? scratches? glass - coating?

(Use a light when checking lens) Operation of focus and aperture rings (are

they stiff, sloppy or smooth?)

2) The shutter: Put it on 1 second speed, and check if it sounds about right

for 1 second opening. Do other speeds sound faster? How do the curtains look

(if it is an SLR?)

3) The condition of the foam on the mirror bumper and backdoor seals. Is it

gummy and crumbling?

4) If it has a self timer, does it work?

5) If it has a depth of field button or lever or switch, do they work? (Best

checked with the lens closed down to a small opening)

6) Describe what you see looking at the camera: Dents? Scratches? Dirt? The

more the buyer knows, the less he will hesitate to buy.

You won't believe how many times I see just, "Camera for sale," on eBay, without so much as identifying the brand. That is why I drew up the preceding list to mail to them. Drives me nuts.
09-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice so far.

I will do my best to check everything on your list. I may take the list , camera and lenses to a camera store to check it for me. Everything has been in a camera case with lense covers on all the lenses. I didn't use them much , take very good care of everything I own and doubt there are any scratches on the lenses.
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Just remember that all sales must be handled through the market place and conform to those rules. Making posts 'wondering out loud if anyone is interested" is not allowed.

09-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #8

Original Poster
Absolutely

When I find out what price to put on everything I plan on posting it in the classified section. It may take some time as I know very little as of right now. Photography was a very short lived hobby of mine.
09-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Just remember that all sales must be handled through the market place and conform to those rules. Making posts 'wondering out loud if anyone is interested" is not allowed.
What he said. It is bad form to join a forum for the sole purpose of sounding out a sale.

Steve
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #10

Original Poster
I get the message loud and clear. If you look at my first thread , it was to find out the value if any . I'm a motorcycle rider and I'm on multiple forums. More than once there's been a thread where someone is looking to find out how much a bike is worth. People gladly chime in with opinions and advice. I've also contacted a local college and may just donate it to a student in need. If anyone else wants to give me more negative comments , feel free. I'll never be on this site again . As I explained above, this was a very short lived hobby for me.
09-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richardld Quote
I get the message loud and clear. If you look at my first thread , it was to find out the value if any . I'm a motorcycle rider and I'm on multiple forums. More than once there's been a thread where someone is looking to find out how much a bike is worth. People gladly chime in with opinions and advice. I've also contacted a local college and may just donate it to a student in need. If anyone else wants to give me more negative comments , feel free. I'll never be on this site again . As I explained above, this was a very short lived hobby for me.
My comment wasn't meant to be negative, nor do I deem it as such. There is nothing wrong with asking the value on items, but in the past, many first time users turned that into offers for sale instead of going through the proper venue. I was trying to save you from having a post removed.
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #12

Original Poster
Not you Tom

I'm not talking about you Tom. It was the post above my last one repeating what was already said .