Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #1

Me Super - Mirror Stuck

I borrowing some cameras from a friend to give them a test drive and see what I might be interested in purchasing.

I pulled out the ME Super and the on my first test shot the mirror went up, and won't come back down?

I'm completely perplexed.... I can't figure out the issue.

Any thoughts?

09-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Check for a stuck shutter leaf. Mirror could be stuck up due to is waiting for the shutter to complete the cycle.

when the second shutter correctly drops, it should look this way...

...otherwise, mirror bumpers.
09-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Did the person who own these camera tell you they are functional?

Also posted in your Pentax LX thread.

If the mirror is locked up after firing the shutter and the dial is on 125X then move to M. If the mirror releases then you have the battery in upside down. Another indicator is you would not have seen any LED activity.

Last edited by LesDMess; 09-11-2012 at 07:37 PM.
09-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #4

Original Poster
Tried all the above, no luck.

Camera is in sore need of a CLA, so it could have a list of issues. I think I'll move on to some of these other bodies.

If I decide I want a ME Super they don't seem to be hard to fine, but even if I buy this one I'll need to pay for a CLA on it.