Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #1

Pentax K to Canon FD

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Does this adapter exist? My ME Super bit the dust, and I still want to use all of its lenses on my AE-1 Program.

09-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have never seen one. There were adapters for M42 screw mount lenses, but not K mount.
09-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think so. I have a K to EOS adapter

Here is a quick ebay search.

pentax k mount canon FD | eBay

Oops, those are for K to FD. I'm not able to find one the other way.

Last edited by blackcloudbrew; 09-11-2012 at 06:17 PM.
09-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
I think so. I have a K to EOS adapter

Here is a quick ebay search.

pentax k mount canon FD | eBay
That will only turn up FD to K adapters.

09-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Although it may be possible to make, because the FD regestry distance is shorter than the K, and the breach mount of the FD seems to be larger diameter than the K it seems counter intuitive to exist, because the FD out has been obsolete since the 1980's as a camera, hence why would anyone want to do it

If you are serious, pick up a breach mount 2x TC, and a K mount TC and see if you can splice the two mounts together. fD lens side to K body side mount

Just note time and cost would likely exceed a KX or MX body
09-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Although it may be possible to make, because the FD regestry distance is shorter than the K, and the breach mount of the FD seems to be larger diameter than the K it seems counter intuitive to exist, because the FD out has been obsolete since the 1980's as a camera, hence why would anyone want to do it
ther was a period of more than 10 years in which FD & K coexisted. There was a rare adapter for Nikon F to FD but apparently no one ever did a K mount adapter.
09-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
ther was a period of more than 10 years in which FD & K coexisted. There was a rare adapter for Nikon F to FD but apparently no one ever did a K mount adapter.
Considering the Nikon regestry distance is only about 0.5 mm longer than pentax it is likely possible to make a similar PK to FD as well. Also the throat size of Nikon and Pentax is very close so again it should be possible

09-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by MMurphy37 Quote
Does this adapter exist? My ME Super bit the dust, and I still want to use all of its lenses on my AE-1 Program.
I have an old ME Super I would sell to you if you really like the camera.
Reacerdew
08-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #9
mom

Although this is an older post ...
The focal distance for Pentax PK is 45.64mm, while Canon FD is 42mm, so theorectically, if you have a flange distance of 3.64 mm, it should work.
using a PK from a extension tube or camera mount, and a FD lens mount, you should be able to create a adapter, but 3.64 is kinda tight...

I have the Pixco Nikon F to Canon FD and thats about a similar distance (46.5 mm - 42 = 4.5mm) . Pentax is still 1.93 mm closer though.

I am thinking on building one or trying to , but have not tried it yet. maybe just gluing the PK and FD mounts to each other...

The Idea is to buy a single Metabones Speedbooster for FD to MFT and then use an additional adapter from 42mm-FD , Nikon-FD, 39mm to FD, etc. So I can try lenses on my MFT Panasonic GX1.
Of course , that could create some flaws on heavier lenses, but I am mainly interested in wide Angle...
I must say that most of my lens collection is M42 and Canon FD., but I have a few Pentax K I would like to try (or at least test) on my Canon T90, and Pana MFT.