Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax IQZoom700 Question

My mother in law passed away a few years ago, and in all her stuff we found this old IQZoom700. It's got a roll of film in it, but no idea how much has been used. Batteries are DEAD. I don't want to buy batteries just to get the film out. Any suggestions as to how I can sucessfully pull the film out, or not possible?

09-18-2012, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You could:

1. Take the camera to a photo store and ask them to remove the film in a dark bag and them process it.
2. Take the camera to a photo store and see if they have a spare battery to get the film rewound.
3. Find a dark bag, or dark closet, and do the film removal yourself.
4. Buy a battery.

It is always worth getting the film developed. When my Dad moved into a home I found his old Agfa Super Sillette camera with a loaded roll of Kodachrome and the packet which said use by 1960, and a roll of Ilford FP3. Both were about 50 years past their use by date. The Ilford film I got developed by our local professionsl camera store, they made up a developer for it. The Kodachrome I sent to Photo Rescue in Canada, who developed it as black and white and returned some precious photos.

Regards

Chris
09-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
. . . . I don't want to buy batteries just to get the film out. . . . .
Well done - I'm not sure that I could resist the temptation to buy batteries, hope the camera would work and have an intersting roll of film holding a mix of 'new' (doubtless fuzzy / off colour) shots and maybe . . . just maybe . . . some happy memories from long ago.

(I'm quite a sentimental old fool - can't help it)