Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Shutter indicator?

Ever since I got the LX, I have looked around for something that will indicate whether or not the shutter is open or close. The reason I would like one is when I conduct very long auto exposures with the LX, I would like to know when the exposure is done without having to just keep looking in the finder. I have found some really cool gadgets perusing old mags and such but have not encountered such a device and wonder if there is such a thing?

10-02-2012, 08:46 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I ran into the same situation long time ago.
What I made then was a DIY indicator light that could be connected to the PC socket.
It was a very small and weak LED light, as used on a keychain, and powered by an even small 1,5V battery that was switched, via a short PC cable I soldered parallel on the original switch.
When the shutter opened, and thus closed the PC contact and doing this during the exposure time, the partially blinded LED served as an indicator.
Simple, cheap and efficient...