Digital
*istDS, K10D
02-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rangefinder:
Minolta Hi-Matic G (I still like it)

Film:
Praktica BC3 (used to be my beloved one)
Pentax MZ-3 (my new love affair)

Medium Format:
Pentax 645N (neglected)

Digital:
K100D (still doing its job with a scratched sensor)
K10D (rules!)

(There also digital P&S cameras I do not want to mention!).
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #34
Veteran Member

K1000
P3N
K100D
K10D

Nikon N2000 ( well letting my sis borrow it to learn to shoot)

Canon Canonet 28 ( got it cheep looked like fun)

02-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #35

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmmm.. this will be quite a list..lol

Own:

Digital Cameras:
Canon 20D (soon to be full time IR converted)
Sony DSC-F717
Panasonic LZ2
Casio QV-104 Digital
Panasonic FZ8K
Pentax K10D
640x480 Digital Video/Still Miscroscope Camera with 10xW.F. eyepiece built in

Film SLRs:
Pentax K1000
Chinon CM-4s x2
Chinon CE-4 + PW-535 Winder
Chinon CG-5 + PW-535 Power Winder
Chinon CM-4
Chinon CP-5
Chinon CP-5s
Chinon CM-5 x3
Chinon CP-6

Rangefinder Cameras:
Yashica GSN x2
Yashica GS x2
Yashica G x2
Yashica Minister D
Argus C-3 Brick (1948) x4
Argus C-3 Brick Colormatic (1956ish) x3
Argus C-2 Brick
Konica C35 Automatic
Mamiya 135 EE
Argus C-Four
Konica C35 Auto + Flash Unit
Konica C35 EF
Minolta-16 MG and accessories

P&S Film Cameras:
Sigma 28-70mm P&S Film + Dateback
Canon Elph Jr. P&S Film
Yashica T4 w/ Carl Zeiss Tessar Lens
Canon C400 Advantix
Leica AF-C1

Use:

Digital Cameras:
Canon 20D (soon to be full time IR converted)
Sony DSC-F717
Panasonic LZ2
Panasonic FZ8K
Pentax K10D
640x480 Digital Video/Still Miscroscope Camera with 10xW.F. eyepiece built in

Film SLRs:
Pentax K1000
Chinon CE-4 + PW-535 Winder
Chinon CG-5 + PW-535 Power Winder
Chinon CP-5
Chinon CP-5s
Chinon CM-5 x3

Rangefinder Cameras:
Yashica GSN
Yashica GS
Argus C-3 Brick (1948)
Argus C-3 Brick Colormatic (1956ish)
Mamiya 135 EE
Argus C-Four
Konica C35 Auto + Flash Unit

P&S Film Cameras:
Sigma 28-70mm P&S Film + Dateback
Yashica T4 w/ Carl Zeiss Tessar Lens
Leica AF-C1
02-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #36

I see that my obsession with film SLR's is not only shared but dwarfed by many here.
I'm bidding on a LX, btw. Nice to see the Praktica users, the BC1 was my first real camera, I sold it :-(

I own:

Pentax:
MX(2), one black, these I use daily.
K2
K1000
ME
MV1 (It's basically a point and shoot with your favourite lenses)

And:
Agfa optima 335
Zorki 4
02-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #37

Thank You, Thank You

Ever so Slightly 'Off Topic',..but as a Reply to a couple of,..shall we say, perhaps Rather 'Pertinent' Comments !!

Jimfear wrote;
"Yes I get that a lot too, people just cannot understand that you can take photos with a film camera after digital was introduced. Btw I'd like to see someone with a DSLR produced today still use it in forty years.."

Oh Thankyou !!!,..Yes,..(Ahem),..what Model?,..from What Manufacturer?,...What Resolution !!???
Oh yeah and Can you even 'Charge' the Battery??

Someone Please show me a Digital Camera that will even WORK !,..without Batteries or an AC adapter !!!

Perhaps eBay will be 'Crowded' with sales of 'Tesla' Power transmitting devices, or Very Very Long DC Power Leads !!,..for the 'Vintage photographers,...ROFL

Having used Film ONLY for So Many Years,..do I Even Need an Inbuilt Meter ???
ALL My Pentax's can still Take Perfect Pictures without ANY Batteries at all !!
AND,..also somewhat 'Interestingly 'Stated',..and ofcourse Here I Do Not want to start any Film Versus Digital discussion,..BUT,..

teogin Wrote;
"I use them both. The digital more often but I think that if I want future security I use the film body."

Gee,..Really ??,..lol,...I Wonder Why,..?
Well,..No I don't Wonder at all !!

I Do a lot of work with Architects and I have often overheard 'flippant' Digital Era comments, like,.."Oh we are thinking of getting rid of our Slide/Photo storage,...etc,..it Takes up SO Much Room,..etc,..We are going to Transfer everything to Digital,..etc, etc"

Oh Yeah?,..Really?,..I often reply with a couple of quick Long term storage and usage questions,..
"Really?,..what are tou intending to 'store' them on, in what Format?,..Oh yeah and the Biggie,..WHAT Resolution??"

Makes you think about "Digital" Really doesn't it?
You Know,..for all those Family and Baby shots !!

I Mean I am Currently Retrieving a Not so Computer 'Literate' friends,.."Family" Photos, from a drive, that Win XP 'Refuses' to Read,..yet I can still access the Files from within Linux.

Sorry to Rave on,..
But I have worked within the Professional Audio Recording and Film/Photography world, for a Great period of my life,..(Yes I am old !!,..lol and come from Analogue 2" 30ips Tape machines etc) and still use and Love film !!

I have 30 odd years of Wonderful Photos, ...slides and Negs, which can still reproduce great Pictures,..as I Took them!
I mean Heck,..I'd say all My Old Kodachrome,..looks pretty Much Exactly How it was !!
Stable !!???,..I'll say ! Sadly Can't say the same for the Agfa Pro film I used a lot back then,..but may I say the colour 'Cast' IS artistically Interesting !!!,..lol

I Just think,..it IS Really,..rather interesting,..that Film is Still seen by Many as the More 'Permanent', or 'Safer' perhaps format.

Plus,..there Is still that other 'wee' ;ittle Issue in That MY Old Film Cameras still are ONLY Limited by My Skill and the Film Speed/Resolution and I haven't had to Buy a 'New' One in Years!

And Now I'd Have to be Woking out How to sell My Recent (Insert mega Pixel Count Here) Model), to Try and afford what we have all been wanting,..a Full Frame Digital !!
Oh But Wow,..the Cost !!!

Look,..I'm Not just an Old 'Fuddy-Duddy',..But Just fearful of the Failure (Which I have Seen Far too Many Times), of the Electronic 'Gadgetry', destroying My 'Memories, or My 'Art'!!

At the Moment,..I Must say I am still, 'Blissfully' happy with My almost exclusively, 'Mechanical' beasties !!

02-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #38

spotmatic SP and K100D Super, and I still love picking up the spotmatic and snapping off a few shots.
I like the old all metal camera bodies...if they made one now but digital would I buy it? I would sure think about it...
02-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I just added a new one to the collection..

Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic F - She's a beauty with a sweet S-M-C 50mm f1.4..
02-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Film: K1000, SF-10 (x2), MZ-S

(Digital: K10D, K100D)

I'll use the MZ-S and some Velvia 50 once the brown and cold departs. It's a great camera, including most wireless flash functionality like my K10D... what more do you need...
02-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #41

I have 3 MX's -- can't have too many of a good thing, although two of them have to be sent in for a tuneup and a little makeover. I have no dearth of manual lenses for them, so there's enough to go around. I don't know if it's just that I'm a kool-aid drinker when it comes to MX's, but I believe that the photographs that I take with them look somehow better and have more of a radiant halo than the ones from my other film cameras. I bet that at least a few of you MXrs have the same feeling.
02-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #42
Inactive Account

I have quite a few Pentax bodies...

More recently I have been actively using an "AP" (1957), an H2, a Spotmatic SP, and a Spotmaitc "F".

Great fun. All four represent major evolutionary steps in either the camera and/or the lens system. I like to cycle through them and experience the added functionality at each step, and then return to the most prosaic which does have its attractions as well.

woof
02-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #43

Digital: K100D and my wife has a canon ixus 70 that i use a bit too.
Film: Canon eos 30, pentax zx30, pentax P5, pentax ME Super, Canon T70, Ricoh something or other that i never use.
that's more than I would have said i had until i started writing the list!!
02-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimfear Quote
So I'm just curious about which film bodies you own and still use? And some small thoughts on good and bad things with the body. Do you own a digital SLR also? Everything from daily use to those bodies that come out once a year to "see if they still work" counts. Do post pictures of the cameras if you have any

I'll start. I do not yet own a digital SLR, I use the good old KX as my primary body. Wonderful camera, I especially like the light meter indicator, being able to see the whole range of shutter speeds at once and at the same time what speed the camera is set on and at
what speed is has the right exposure is something I miss when shooting with many other cameras. No real negative sides...

Second body in use almost as much as the KX is a nice black MX. It's not as user friendly as the KX but still a very nice camera to work with, nice and small if you want to fit it in your pocket.

The festival MG comes third, I use this one with a 50/2 in situations when I'm not sure if it will survive. Only auto exposure is kind of bad, but it works... barely...

Then I have some M42 bodies but I don't use them much. A black spotmatic and the quite rare Pentax S.

The Family:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/62...tax-saker2.jpg

So now I want to hear your story.
Remaining film bodies:

ZX-L (rarely used)
2 x MZ-S (Love these bodies!)
2 x 645 (Those huge slides are wonderful to look at)

DSLRs

2 x *istds
1 x K100D
2 x K10D

I shot only pro negative film over the holidays and I must say that it reminded me why I like film so much:

Wide highlight exposure latitude - It's great to pick an aperture set the bounce flash and just shoot without having to chimp/tweak every other shot.

No hassle (read little or no computer work) image development - Drop the film wherever there is a Fuji Frontier machine and get back perfect prints and decent scans one hour later. Copy the scans to the PC and I'm done.

Perfect skin tones.

Simple filing - Label the negative page, slide the negs into the slots and put the page in the hanging file. No backup, no media migration, no disk crashes or other digital hoo-haw to worry about.

Ray
02-23-2008, 05:30 AM   #45

I'm just getting back in to photographty after about 15 years out of it.
Picked up a pair of MZ60 bodies to make the upgrade to auto from a Minolta X300 - heard that the Minolta auto stuff is crap so came over to Pentax.
I also have a Praktika "PL nova1B" which I got given about 10 years ago and never used but shall drag out to play with some 42mm screw mount lenses I got given.

Cheers
Paul