Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Which bodies do YOU own? And still use?

So I'm just curious about which film bodies you own and still use? And some small thoughts on good and bad things with the body. Do you own a digital SLR also? Everything from daily use to those bodies that come out once a year to "see if they still work" counts. Do post pictures of the cameras if you have any

I'll start. I do not yet own a digital SLR, I use the good old KX as my primary body. Wonderful camera, I especially like the light meter indicator, being able to see the whole range of shutter speeds at once and at the same time what speed the camera is set on and at
what speed is has the right exposure is something I miss when shooting with many other cameras. No real negative sides...

Second body in use almost as much as the KX is a nice black MX. It's not as user friendly as the KX but still a very nice camera to work with, nice and small if you want to fit it in your pocket.

The festival MG comes third, I use this one with a 50/2 in situations when I'm not sure if it will survive. Only auto exposure is kind of bad, but it works... barely...

Then I have some M42 bodies but I don't use them much. A black spotmatic and the quite rare Pentax S.

The Family:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/62...tax-saker2.jpg

So now I want to hear your story.

02-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

K10D
K1000

OM-4Ti
OM-10

Desperately looking for a 67 with a wide-angle lens in good working condition and in decent cosmetic condition. Doesn't have to be mint but, something that doesn't look like it's been run over by a truck would be nice. Though, I guess that's a testament to it's rugged durability and one of the reasons I want one - well, that and 6x7 medium format resolutions for me landscapes..

My story starts out with 35mm Olympus SLRs - To keep it short, I was and am still, disenchanted with their digital SLR's.. Though, I love the 35m line of SLRs. I've owned the OM-1 and only fairly recently sold it. I currently own the OM-4Ti and recently acquired an Olympus OM-10 as a throw-in on another auction. The Oly's are nice, the OM-4Ti is as good as any Pentax 35mm, though I'd like me a LX too..

My current intention is to sell off all of the 35mm gear and simply use 6x7 or 6x4.5 gear. I do like the Pentax 645 but I lust after a sweet 67 with that metered VF and MLU and a wide lens.

Last edited by Tom M; 02-04-2008 at 04:24 PM.
02-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Zenit-E - I love it
Praktica LTL3
Praktica MTL5
(arriving next week, hopefully) Pentax ZX-30

Just 5 lenses at the moment, but I'm working on that.
02-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Syb
Veteran Member

Using: K10d - Ist*Ds - Mamiya RB67

Having: MZ5n - P30

Dreaming:
If only Pentax made a DSLR with a viewfinder linke the Mamiya has... I would sell my car (only worth little in this respect) to buy it!

02-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

My "daily driver" is a K100D, but I have a black MX that is my main film body and it sees a fair amount of use, at least when I can afford film and developing on a grad student's budget. Then there's the K1000 that was attached to a lens I bought. Just recovered it in gorgeous green kid leather -- yowza! I'll try to post a pic later of that baby. I've put a few rolls through it, but I'm frankly not crazy about the lack of a split prism.

I also have a beat up old spotmatic that still works great (another one that happened to be attached to an object of my LBA), as well as the ZX-M my wife got in high school...the Pentax that started it all!
02-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Own:
Spotmatic II
K-1000
PZ-1P
SF-1n

Use (in order of most to least):
PZ-1p
K-1000
Spotmatic II
SF-1n

I think I suffer from camera buying addiction... With exception of the Spotmatic II, that I inherited from my father.
02-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
Forum Member

Own:

SP500
Spotmatic F
K1000 (2)
K1000 SE
KM (2)
KX
K2
MX (2)
Program A
Super Program
LX
MZ-5n
MZ-S
ist D
ist DS (mostly dead)
K10D

Most of them are mothballed, except for one of the KMs, the MXs (which I occasionally use for astrophotography), the MZ-S, and the ist D and K10D. My LX has sticky mirror syndrome, which I am finally getting around to shipping it in for overhaul this week; when it gets back I expect it will become my main mf again. When I feel like messing around with M42, I use a Fujica ST801 (the meter still works, unlike my Spotties).
02-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Film

Ricoh XR-2s, Pentax KX, PZ-1

Digital

*istD, K10D

P&S

Pentax EI200, Kodak DX7590, Pentax 35mm P&S (I forget the model)

TLR
Yashika 44

02-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
Veteran Member

The Pentax Line, all get shot every now and then
Honeywell Pentax H1a
Asahi Pentax Spotmatic
Super program
P3
ZX-30
ist
ist D
ist Ds
K10D

The others
Rollei 3.5 e
Ciro 35
Kodak 35
Bolsey B2 35mm
Braun Paxette 35mm
Argus C3 35mm
The Rollei gets shot regularly, others are CLA toys.
02-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #10
Inactive Account

K10D
ME Super
Super Program
K1000
Minolta Autocord and Accesories
Minolta Hi Matic 7SII 40mm f1.7 (Rangefinder)
Zeiss-Ikon Contaflex III Kit

I have had the K10D Since Saturday. Lots of fun and all my old Tamron and Pentax glass fits and is operable on it.
The ME SUPER was my daily user for many years, I purchased it second hand in 1986 and used it like mad, taking very good care of it because I had mown lawns to get the money for it.
The Super Program has TTL Flash capability when paired with Pentax flashes and has shot weddings, groups, ball teams etc... when needed. I use them a great deal.
The K1000 was a gift from a co-worker who noticed a Pentax t-shirt I was wearing during inventory several years ago. I have used it little and neither did the previous owner. It is operational. I carried it on a snowmobile trip several years ago and got some great images without fear for cold or vibration damage.
The Minolta Autocord is my medium format kit, it takes terrificaly sharp images, has a relatively robust film transport system and didn't cause the loss of extreme amounts of money or a divorce when I purchased it. Landscapes taken with this give you a real sense of accomplishment. Out comes the light meter, spot meter, grey card and the fundamentals of photography from college.
The Minolta 7SII is a great little coat pocket rangefinder. With the 1.7 you seldom have to use a flash. The images from this lens are superbly sharp almost to the point of too much so.

And finally the Contaflex, in the late fifties these were fairly popular. On the contaflex one group of the lens remains in the body behind the diaphragm and the wide,normal and telephoto comprise the outer element and are affixed by a unique bayonet. The contaflex with sufficient patience produces great pictures from macro to 85mm. Zeiss even in the 50's knew what to do to produce quality lenses. I learned a lot using this kit and I still take pictures with it at least once or twice a year.
02-05-2008, 01:27 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well it seems that people reading this forum has a serious camera buying addiction, not to speak of LBA...

Matador, you mentioned a Minolta Hi Matic 7SII, I have a 7S (45/1.8) and I can only agree with you. A really fun camera to shoot with and the pictures are surprisingly sharp.

I'll add myself to the group shooting larger format, love the 6*6 format that comes out of my Lubitel. Can't decide if it is to be categorized as a "toy" camera or not. It was produced by Lomo but it's certainly something else quality wise than the modern Lomos. Pretty abused thing, but nothing you can't fix with a little black tape.
02-05-2008, 02:25 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Digital:

K100D

Film:

SLR:
Pentax SV

35mm Rangefinder:
Yashica Electro 35 GS (x2)
Yashica Electro 35 GSN (functional, need to replace light seals)
Yashica Electro 35 GTN
Ricoh 35 DeLuxe
Konica S
Kodak 35 RF
Konica C35 Flashmatic (arrived 10 minutes ago!)

35mm Zone Focus:
Konica C35 E&L (C35V outside Japan)

Medium Format Rangefinder:
Mamiya 6 (not the newer "Mamiya Six")
Wester Autorol

TLR:
Yashicaflex A2
Yashica D
Airesreflex YII

Box Brownie:
Kodak Cartridge #2 Hawkeye Brownie Model C

Toy Camera:
Meica 35

Those are my functional cameras, and they all get used. I have several more 35mm film cameras lying about that don't work.
02-05-2008, 05:09 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Yeah, I was only listing Pentax, this being a Pentax site and all...

I also shoot a Hasselblad 500c when I'm in a MF mood, and an Olympus 35RC and Rollei 35 when I feel like a rangefinder (or, technically, scale focus in the Rollei).
02-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Two LX, two MX. I use them all but one of the LX's is due for service and one of the MX's is rather tatty, and has a wonky meter. I also have a MV1 broken beyond all hope.

Glass-wise it's:
K18/3.5 - K28/3.5 - M50/2.0 - A50/1.4 - K85/1.8 - Macro A100/4.0 - K135/2.5(58) - K200/4.0

And also a 645n with FA45/2.8

-- MW
02-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Own:
ME
K2
PZ-20

Use:
LX
MX
6X7
K10D

That's my Pentax bodies, but I also have other film cameras that see very limited use....Canon rangefinder, Nikonos, Minox, Yashica SLR.