Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Zorki

Three from the 5 Zorki's I own.

03-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #92

Photos: Albums
Nikon F3 and Nikkor 28/2.8Ais was the perfect partner of my K-1000 and trip 35

this some F3P (Not Mine) mine was F3 non HP: Putu's Album: My Pentax - PentaxForums.com
03-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #93

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
For SLR's it would have to be Nikon. The Nikon bodies have some of the best sensors in the industry along with remarkable levels of build quality. Add to that, if they do not make a camera part for Nikon; chances are it simply isn't made for most any camera system in production. The lens variety is beyond belief - directly from Nikon, and also… There are more third party lens' for Nikon then are available for the entire Pentax system.

It also does not hurt to have all of those lighting options available and also items like extension tubes and other converters
Yes, and it worth investment too...
I Think if the Ricoh dudes and earlier owner after Asahi consider the Pentax Root, maybe Pentax will be too.
03-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have always wanted to try a Topcon Super DM.

Chris

03-18-2013, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #95
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jakeblues Quote
Favorite non-pentax SLR System
Difficult one that for me, I have two choices either Canon or Nikon.

I have to use both on occasion, through the course of my work as photographic tools, but for my pleasure, I use Pentax.
03-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #96
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I have always wanted to try a Topcon Super DM.
I have never shot with the Topcon Super DM, but have handled one. Massive is the word that comes to mind.

Steve
03-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #97

Depends. I have shot with Hasselblads on many occasions and love them if you are including medium format. I have also used a couple Leica cameras that were very enjoyable as well, but their film change is a bit different for me. On a more standard scale I would definately say that I like Nikon film SLRs. Of course, there are some more rare film cameras around that are amazing but are very expensive and lenses are few and even more pricey. Yeah, Hasselblad and Nikon are my answers.

03-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #98

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CB Knipp Quote
Yeah, Hasselblad and Nikon are my answers.
I've never shot either. I'd love to own a 'blad, but for some reason, I never cared to try Nikon. I don't know why, but I always liked underdogs, which this decade means snapping up old Minoltas.
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #99
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I see nice clean Nikkormat all the time selling for under $50, sometimes with lenses. Nikkormats are a great entry into the Nikon/Nikkor world.
I also see the odd FE or FM selling around $50. The FM is basically Nikon's version of the KX and clean working KXs often sell for much more.
I've even seen the odd F and F2 selling w/finder for under $100, and some F3s selling for not much more.

If I was going to put together another system, I would probably look at Nikon, mostly because I know more about Nikon than some of the other systems. Nikons handle more like a Pentax IMO as well. I used a Canon AE-1 Progam, and while I was very impressed with the FD 50/1.8, I didn't like the handling of the body at all. I've used a Nikon FE a bit as well as a Nikkormat EL, and they both operate and handle nearly the same as my K2.
I've been using a Minolta XE-7 a bit lately which also handles very much like a K2, but my is it smooth. Winding it with film is easier and smoother than most cameras without film.
For AF, I've been using an EOS Elan II and an EOS A2e lately and I've been very impressed. If I were healthy, I would be seriously looking at the EOS-3 and maybe a USM 50/1.4
I also have an EOS A2E, that I had updated to the EOS 5 firmware and I bought the camera new. I still love it for 35mm AF. I have never used a EOS 3 out of my price range back then, but I would image it would be even better. I do have a 20d I bought new and love it as well and like that both my canon bodies can do 5 frames a second as well. I like that I can share my lens between them both.

Last edited by 48548; 03-21-2013 at 01:25 PM.
03-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have never shot with the Topcon Super DM, but have handled one. Massive is the word that comes to mind.
I like the Nikon F2, so no problem there. You'll have to do better than that if you want to talk me out of it.

Chris
03-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #101
Veteran Member

My first love will always be for Minolta Maxxum/Dynax/Alpha SLR's.
03-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #102
Inactive Account

I think I'm going with Minolta. The sharpness of the 50/1.7 that came on the Maxxuum 5000 I got from the thrift store is pretty amazing. And I like how it will work on a modern Sony DSLR even though the camera it came on is a relic of the 80s. I actually just got a Maxxum 5 off eBay and intend to use the 50/1.7 as a prime on it.
03-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by samtr87 Quote
I think I'm going with Minolta. The sharpness of the 50/1.7 that came on the Maxxuum 5000 I got from the thrift store is pretty amazing. And I like how it will work on a modern Sony DSLR even though the camera it came on is a relic of the 80s. I actually just got a Maxxum 5 off eBay and intend to use the 50/1.7 as a prime on it.
You won't have any regrets with the 50mm f1.7. It is a sweet lens.
03-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #104
Veteran Member

Nikons... They're a tank. At least my F2s were. I also really liked my Olympus OM2s Program, 'til the board went bad in it. Olympus made some fantastic lenses.