Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Pentax Gear

A little background.

On a fishing website that I am a member of I post a lot of my photos there and a certain gentleman really likes them. Well another man and I are always competing with one another about photos. Well I did a full moon shot and he posted his. Well his was taken with a telescope lense. I told him I hadn't got the far YET!!! Well the first gentleman sent me a pm saying he had a telescope that I could have for free if I wanted it. Well what can I say but heck yeah I will take it. Well what he gave me is a "Galileo FS-125DX" telescope which I am still trying to figure out. Now your thinking "dag nabit browning what are you doing posting this here". Well here is part two to the story.

Today I recieve a pm from this same gentleman that gave me the telescope saying he had something for me. So I met up with him today and this is what he gave me.

Pentax film camera MV1

Pentax SMC Pentax-M 1:1.4 50mm lens (for sure a keeper for me)

Kiron 80-200mm f/4.5 Macro 1:4 lens (I kinda like the macro feature on this one)

And

Sears Multicoated 1:3.5-4.5 f=28-85mm Auto Zoom (I'm not sure about this one).

Does anyone have any input on these items? The only one I could find out was the pentax lens which like I said is for sure a keeper to me.

Thanks for reading such a long story.

jim

02-08-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The MV1 is a great little camera, the sibling of the ME, MG, etc, with aperture priority mode only, and only indirect manual override. Always in the shadow of their overachieving sibling, the MX, but nice little cameras nonetheless.
02-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Here are a couple of test shots with the new lenses I got yesterday.

The first one is a Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 (what a sweet lens) It is supposed to be a real workhorse lense of Pentax and so far I believe them. I can't wait for a panoramic shot to use this one on.

This one is a Sears 28-85mm macro lens f/3.5-4.5. I really didn't know what to expect from this lense but I do have to say "I wouldn't be upset if I only had this lense in my bag"

Macro mode

Macro mode (and I probably could've gotten a little closer on this shot)

And last but not least by any means is the Kiron 80-200mm f/4.5 macro 1:4 lens

Thanks for looking, I am going to find UV filters for these lenses now.

Thanks
Jim
02-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Jim,

None of those lenses are bad at all--any of them are certainly worth keeping if you can use them. What a nice acquisition.

Heather

02-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

What she said. Your karma must be in good shape!