Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #1

I need help with the repair off a SMC-M 35mm f2.0

Hi,

I've disassembled a SMC-M 35mm f2.0 beacuse the diagramblades where sticky.
That problem is solved.....but no I'm not able to put it back together.....obvious I didn't made enough photo's while disassembling (that's a lesson I won't forget, that's for sure!).

Does anybody has a picture from the inner backside, just under the plate with the bajonet?? That would be very helpfull!

I've searched this forum, but didn't find any about this lens, and it seem to be just different as other types.
I even disambled a 50mm f2.0 to compare, but that's totally different build, so no use to solve my problem :-(

Thanks for reading!

Henk

11-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by henkvanzuylen Quote
...SMC-M 35mm f2.0...inner backside, just under the plate with the bajonet??
Could you by chance show a picture of where you are now?

Sounds like, just after removing the bayonet mount, what that looks like?

If so...
M-35mm f2.0

Last edited by MysteryOnion; 11-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think there is one of this particular lens. but I am sure that there would be a similar lens in the https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/maintenance-repair-articles/179884-pentax...-database.html that would be able to help you out.
11-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
I don't think there is one of this particular lens. but I am sure that there would be a similar lens in the https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/maintenance-repair-articles/179884-pentax...-database.html that would be able to help you out.
In the database I didn't fond any simulair lenses.
I've repaired a 50mm and a 24mm, buth they are build different.

@MysteryOnion: yep I removed the bajonet mountplate and the 2 'rings' underneat that. And these 'rings' are giving me the headache now....can't figure it out how to put these back.
I'll make some pictures tonight when I'm home from work.

Thanks for your input guys!

Henk

11-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
1 Here are all the parts from the lens till the plate with the bajonet mount

2 This is the lens part with the diagram mounted

3 what you see on this picture I took out as one piece

4 same as on picture 3, but now upside down

5 from this I know the pin on the lefthand sticks trough the plate with the bajonet mount

6 and from this I can't figure out how and where it should be

7 the plate with the bajonet mount

8 I think that the ring from picture 6 is mounted correctly, but I'm not sure about that

Hopefully this makes it clear where my problem is

Henk
11-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #6
Giveaway winner!

I should mention that the image I posted is with the point of focus mark pointed to the 12 O'clock and so the orientation of the lens is as it would be mounted.

just to get things rolling... I'm at work and took a peek at your images. If you want to try this... orient the parts to correct the placement.

The arrows roughly point to where each of them should be oriented to the focus point (diamond) on the body... also, #5 where is the ring? There should be a thin ring with two notches. I could be wrong with #1 and it should be 180 degrees the other way.

Last edited by MysteryOnion; 11-09-2012 at 07:58 AM.
11-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by henkvanzuylen Quote
Here are all the parts from the lens till the plate with the bajonet mou
On pic 5 the little knob to the left should stick to the spring on pic 4 and the 2 knob thing (in pic 5) is the one to hold the aperture adjuster if I remember correctly.

And as mentioned. The aperture ring is not there. I hope you didnt lose the little metal ball on the aperture ring.
11-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
Giveaway winner!

Correction, the ring I was remembering is from a different lens. SO, OOPS No #5... Oh well... My memory was a flawed, so sorry for the confusion.

...next, I'll post up the images.

11-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
Giveaway winner!

First is the view of the alignment

The green arrow show the proper alignment when the two parts of the armatures are working... a hidden scissors motion will put the tabs in the indicated positions.

When nested properly... check for centering of the ring.

This view is to show how the cut out is aligned with the return spring.

So this is the trick... RED arrow use here a wad of scotch tape to wedge the position of the armature... the tab that sticks out into the aperture ring's notch.

Notice the orientation of the tab and the slot it pokes out from... GREEN arrows.

If you've wedged the thing together snug, but not too tight, begin to evenly slip the two halves together. It must be even or the edges will catch and it will not move... DO NOT force or you will damage the armatures or the cup. When it is slipped together until 3mm short of fully seating, remove your tape wedge and fully seat the halves.

Last edited by MysteryOnion; 11-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #10

Original Poster
@ MysteryOnion:

Thank you so much for your pictures and explanation.
This weekend I'll give it a try to reassemble my 35mm

I'll let you know how that turn out.

Henk