Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Esposimetric led ME super doesn't work

Hello!!
I've got a big problem: I've just bought a ME Super, but the seller didn't tell me that the esposimetric scale on the left doesn't work.

Is there something I can do to let it works? I'm good to disassemble all the camera, but I don't know where to start! May you give me some hints? Or have I to give up since there's nothing to do?

Thank you very much!
Gabriele

-edit- I said viewfinder considering only the left side with the led

Last edited by gabro822; 11-20-2012 at 06:34 AM.
11-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well< I trust you removed the lens cap first. Otherwise, take off the lens and see if the mirror is stuck in the up position.
11-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Closed Account

Maybe the mirror is up? If yes, it could be sticking . . .

Does it shoot in manual? In automatic?

Maybe take it to a camerastore . . .
11-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No I miatake!! Sorry, but with viewfinder I mean the esposimetric scale with led which doesn't work! Mirror is ok and also the shutter in auto and manual fire, but I think at the maximum speed

11-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
Closed Account

Did you get a new battery?
11-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, it's the first thing I though too! No effect with 2 pairs of battery
11-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Make sure the battery contacts in the camera are clean and not corroded, which is a common problem. The inside of the battery cover is also a contact, so it must be clean also. On the ME Super the batteries go in with the + contact (the bottom of the cell) first into the camera, and the center contact (- on these cells) towards the cap. Many cameras are just opposite on battery polarity.

11-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #8
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
A quick list of things...

As TomB_tx notes...Check power to the camera via contacts. Also, check in A and as well as M modes.
Check to see if the mode dial is very loose, tighten the spanner ring if needed
Exercies the mode dial by hold down the white button and move the mode dial back and forth a few times.
Check in 125X if camera cycles correctly... cocked indicator and numbers moving.
Check in B if camera cycles correctly... the same.
Try this... loosen the one screw that is next to the frame count window and carefully wiggle that side of the body shell forward and back a few times... three relay contact are just under there and the contact plates could be oxidized.

For a sort of tour of the insides... visit...

http://mysteryonion.blogspot.com/2011/08/that-is-two-me-super-cameras-now.html