Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
Pentaxian

You shouldn't have any problems switching from the ME Super to the Super A/Super Program. I have used both back in the eighties for many years in parallel. The body is the same, the controls are the same. You are missing the mechanical bulb and 1/125 (X) - without batteries, the camera is dead. But it adds TTL flash, DOF control, Tv and P mode. And in Tv and M, the top display shows you the exposure time (with the ME Super, for that you have to look through the VF because of the push buttons for exposure time control).

The viewfinder itself is about the same as with the ME Super, but not everyone likes the the alphanumeric LCD. The more as it seems to get quite dim after some years (with both my Super As, it is not easy to read now. These are much better today; I remember the reviewers in a German photo magazine at that time were aghast when they reported that Canon said the display in their first body with LCD should be replaced every 6-8 years.

Last edited by RKKS08; 12-06-2012 at 03:17 PM.
12-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I've got one of each here with me, side by side with a 50mm on them, the Super Program's viewfinder is smaller, but not by much.
12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I've got one of each here with me, side by side with a 50mm on them, the Super Program's viewfinder is smaller, but not by much.
They had to redesign the optics of the viewfinder, as the controls are now at the bottom instead on the side. That's why they also had to offer a new right angle VF (type "A" replaced type "M"), as with the "M" you had to move your eye position to see the alphanumerics.