Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #1

ES Electronic Shutter Question

Just won a nice looking ES with the 50 1.4 SMC and some other nice stuff, but I've got a problem and question for other ES users. The camera came with a battery, it registers less than full power on the battery test (not below 30, if I'm recalling the manual correctly). I've also noted that the shutter fires on automatic, but not at the speeds that the camera seems to choose. Shots that should be at slow speeds are not slow. Is this something I can expect to fix with a new battery, or is it a more serious problem?

I plan on replacing the battery with a 28L, but I thought I would ask you all first

12-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would suggest to start with a fresh battery. I have experienced that a Pentax LX can misbehave when the battery voltage is low so that could also be the case for your ES.
12-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I would suggest to start with a fresh battery. I have experienced that a Pentax LX can misbehave when the battery voltage is low so that could also be the case for your ES.
Thanks Ole. I will give this a try and report back.