Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New Adox films

Two new Adox films are being released this month, an 100 ISO b&w and an 100 ISO C41 colour negative film. Both only in 135 format at this time.

Good news is the b&w film can be processed as a positive!

- ADOX SILVERMAX

- Color Implosion

Phil.

12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
The Color Implosion looks like fun!
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks interesting. I wonder what the relationship is between this product and the long-promised APX 100 redux (aka Adox Pan 100)?

Steve
12-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Looks interesting. I wonder what the relationship is between this product and the long-promised APX 100 redux (aka Adox Pan 100)?

Steve
Guess I should have read the fine print. Since this is a silver-rich, non-tabular grain film, the relationship to the APX 100-derived product is nill.

Steve

12-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Two new Adox films are being released this month, an 100 ISO b&w and an 100 ISO C41 colour negative film. Both only in 135 format at this time.

Good news is the b&w film can be processed as a positive!

- ADOX SILVERMAX

- Color Implosion

Phil.

Phil,

Great you picked this up and shared !! I find it significant this is brought out on the market. The Rodinal film developer this company is making is excellent and just like Agfa made it before.

In other analog areas I see a revival: with the students, with the higher prices asked and paid for good analog darkroom equipment and with a general appreciation for the analog print.

Maybe there's hope
12-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hilo Quote
Phil,

Great you picked this up and shared !! I find it significant this is brought out on the market. The Rodinal film developer this company is making is excellent and just like Agfa made it before.

In other analog areas I see a revival: with the students, with the higher prices asked and paid for good analog darkroom equipment and with a general appreciation for the analog print.

Maybe there's hope
I have read and hear lots of positive news in regards to analogue photography, new cameras, films and even photographic paper. But the best news is many of those buying these products are young, 18-35 the major group for Lomography for example. As long as the products stay accessible and affordable I am encouraged and do not really care how much or little of the market share it represents, to me it represents more than 50% of my enjoyment.

Not sure if I personally am interested in either of the products mentioned in this thread however for any company to introduce new products they must think there is a market.
12-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Finally some good news about new film releases, it makes a change to the doom and gloom of all the films disappearing from the market.
Glenn

01-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #8

True! It's really good news for film shooter. I wish that there will be more flim products into the market, especially reversal films!
01-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #9

Excellent. I've been thinking of trying a few 100-speed B&W films for portraiture, and silvermax looks like just the sort of thing I'm looking for. When I get around to testing out 100-speed, I'll try it out!

(I'm not sure about this colorimplosion…it looks like more lomo stuff.)
02-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Anyone tried the Adox Silvermax yet, any tips/comments? I managed to order 15 rolls from Germany, as Freestyle and others were out of stock already.

I'll try the first roll and process as a negative film. After that I'm planning to reverse process as a positive and use Silvermax as my b&w slide film.

The last batch of Fomapan R100 had quality issues from the factory, so I’m hesitant to order it again utill they fix the spotting problem.

Phil.
03-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
My Silvermax arrived from Berlin. I’ll shoot a roll and post some shots in the next week or so.

Phil.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E4800  Photo