Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garythesnail Quote
If it makes any difference to you - you can swap the backs between these two types of camera (the newer cameras have a little thumb-grip . . . . which is a nice little addition to an ME Super)
Thanks for adding this comment. This thread is the first I have heard about good vs. bad film memo slots, but I do know that the thumb grip is a nice feature that greatly enhances handling with this small bodies.

Steve

12-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #17
Site Supporter

The ME Super is an elegant "sweet spot" in the history of Pentax film designs. The superior grip of the Program Plus, as others have pointed out, can be grafted onto an ME Super with a little effort. The back half is an easy job (swap film doors); the front part requires a grinder (to shorten the mount screw) and some well-chosen adhesive.

The only substantive advantage the Program Plus has, in my opinion, is depth of field preview. If you don't need that, I think the ME Super is the more satisfying choice.
12-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by garythesnail Quote
If it makes any difference to you - you can swap the backs between these two types of camera (the newer cameras have a little thumb-grip . . . . which is a nice little addition to an ME Super)
That's one good piece of information - thanks!
I guess I could always find a donor and grab the back door from it.

And no ... I don't really use DOF preview so I can definitely live without it.
12-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So, I end up getting the ME Super.
It came with the winder and a Sears 2.0 50mm lens.

Everything is almost in mint condition except that darn foam that the mirror hits it. Mirror gets stuck on it ... so I guess I will have to service it.

Anyone know who could do it and how much might cost?

Thanks!

12-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #20

Hi, You might want to contact Jon Goodman. He sells seal kits cheap! The kit for your ME Super runs about $10, and he delivers promptly. The foam is very good quality., self adhesive. His instructions are very clear on how to re seal your camera and replace the bumper foam.
Good luck, JGood21967@aol.com (tell him Ray sent you)
eagle1
12-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eagle1 Quote
Hi, You might want to contact Jon Goodman. He sells seal kits cheap! The kit for your ME Super runs about $10, and he delivers promptly. The foam is very good quality., self adhesive. His instructions are very clear on how to re seal your camera and replace the bumper foam.
Good luck, JGood21967@aol.com (tell him Ray sent you)
eagle1
Thanks! Good to know.
12-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Congrats on the ME Super, you won't be disappointed!
12-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
And no ... I don't really use DOF preview so I can definitely live without it.
All Pentax bodies have DOFcontrol. You simply set the aperture you want, focus it, unlock the lens and turn it almost to release it to a point where the blades will close down. Just make sure you don't drop it while it is loose.

12-25-2012, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
All Pentax bodies have DOFcontrol. You simply set the aperture you want, focus it, unlock the lens and turn it almost to release it to a point where the blades will close down. Just make sure you don't drop it while it is loose.
Also, all cars have rear wipers. You simply have to stop the car, get out, walk around to to the back ....
12-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
^ Hahahahaha had a good laugh
12-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Also, all cars have rear wipers. You simply have to stop the car, get out, walk around to to the back ....
Then you know about the automatic tire inflator . . .

Also, all the Pentax bodies have multiexposure control too. Of course I like how Pentax validated this procedure in the LX by applying it accurately for both advance and rewind!
01-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #27
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
ME has a very bright large viewfinder

I have the Super ME and Program cameras and prefer the ME because of it's large bright viewfinder and it's classic looks and handling. Mind you my eyesight is not like it was in my younger days,
01-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #28

I own both and with either it's hard to go wrong, really. I prefer my Program + because it has the LCD display rather than the LED dots to the left, but really I like them both and that's why I kept them both.

I also have a P3n which really I didn't care for (still not as enamored as with the Super and +) but I wanted the 100mm macro lens and the guy would only sell them as a pair!

I like having more than 1 body because I often want the 2nd body to have B&W film in it. And, since these are still cheap it's nice to loan them out to people with a 50mm lens and have them get the photography bug.
01-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yep, I like the ME as well. I only played with it for an hour or so before sending it to Eric to replace that mirror foam.
Can't wait to get it back ...

I might pick up Super Program later on in time ... or if an incredible deal comes my way.
01-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #30
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
. . . . I might pick up Super Program later on in time ... or if an incredible deal comes my way.
That's how it starts!