Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some information please on a different brand

I didn't want to go to a Canon site so wonder if anyone here has opinions on a Canon I have been given. It is an EOS 33V film camera, (In North America the camera is known as Elan 7N)
I believe about 2004 along with EF 28-80 and 75-300 lenses. The camera seems in very good condition. The lenses, in particular the telephoto have some fungus. It costs about $90 to service a lens so do you think they are worth the effort?

Last edited by arnold; 12-22-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added info.
12-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter

I would suggest looking up the lenses on ebay and check the market prices by seeing what they have sold for and also check KEH and see what they are selling them for by condition.
12-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I would suggest looking up the lenses on ebay and check the market prices by seeing what they have sold for and also check KEH and see what they are selling them for by condition.
Good idea. I was most surprised to see a brand new EF 75 - 300 zoom for $125! Also a new EF 50mm 1.8 for $100. I must say, I don't care for these plasticy lenses, although I understand the economics of it. The camera itself must be one of the last SLRs by Canon from 2004 and is pretty sophisticated. I can see a professional having a use for functions that assist him in difficult shoots. He becomes familiar with the situations and the camera he uses constantly. However, the casual user cannot carry an operating manual around in his head, and is more inclined to stuff-up pictures with wrong selections. [My K5 manual certainly is not committed to memory - the damn thing is an inch thick]. Unless one uses features often, I find they just clutter up what you do use. This Canon makes me wonder why they think it is more professional than the Pentax brand.