Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #1

Pentax ME Super Problems

Hey everyone. Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Anyway, I just acquired an ME Super for free and the film advance lever doesn't turn the take up spool. I noticed that the "film transport coupler" is missing. I can't find what that piece actually does anywhere online.

Also, the little white button used to change shooting modes (M, Auto, etc.) stays depressed unless its on Auto, which causes it to pop back up and lock. Is that normal?

Any help would be appreciated, as it would cost me more money than I'd like to have it serviced. Thank you!

12-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TommyRee Quote
I noticed that the "film transport coupler" is missing. I can't find what that piece actually does anywhere online.
You noticed, but actually not sure what it does... are you sure it is missing?

Could it be issues with this part?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4AdXZWnFJfY/Tmp2VVYeBqI/AAAAAAAAAZE/mItR2iB0-EY/s1...ndingguide.jpg
01-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TommyRee Quote
Hey everyone. Longtime lurker, first time poster.
Welcome.

QuoteQuote:
Also, the little white button used to change shooting modes (M, Auto, etc.) stays depressed unless its on Auto, which causes it to pop back up and lock. Is that normal?
That's quite normal. Also notice that you should always depress it to change modes, although it already looks depressed.
01-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MysteryOnion Quote
You noticed, but actually not sure what it does... are you sure it is missing?
I looked at the manual to identify that part. I haven't actually taken the camera apart, but the cap that covers it is gone (I thought the cap itself was the coupler ).