Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Imagine a Pentax 645n or nii with a digital back.... It would seem that the space occupied with the film insert might be enough for the digital "guts". Of course such a back might cost more than the 645d. Ah well....

02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
Forum Member

There was a company called silicon film that had one for my canon a2e and they were making a better version but they died out. It looked like a film canister with the leader sticking out to the take up slot. Pretty neat.
02-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Pity that Mr. K. (Cosina's chairman) has no desire to produce any additional digital rangefinder cameras.
Apprently Leica had quite a bit to do with this. My god if only Konica had come out with a digital hexar RF, Leica would have gone the way of contax by now. Though if that happened Leica lenses would command obscene prices by now on the second hand market. Though I hear rumors of a Zeiss IKON Digital, that could be very interesting.
02-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 48548 Quote
There was a company called silicon film that had one for my canon a2e and they were making a better version but they died out.
It looked like a film canister with the leader sticking out to the take up slot. Pretty neat.

Silicon Film showed non-working prototypes for Canon and Nikon but no working product was ever marketed.

Chris