Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Wait a minute, I seem to recall you posting several times you were getting rid of and not acquiring . . .
Terrible thing CBA is. How many FS threads have you seen from me in the Marketplace?

I'm going to try the FB-1 / FC-1 Action Finder set and if that doesn't work my daughter gets very lucky. I still list XA and KX as my film cameras and K10D and K-01 as my digital. I know which 4 MF lenses and which 4 AF lenses I actually use. (And which 4 lenses I will keep even though I don't use them very much).

I was just thinking when I've sold all this extra stuff my PayPal account will be flush and the K5IIs should start coming down in price ......

Last edited by monochrome; 01-16-2013 at 09:32 AM.
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Well, reality struck this afternoon. I visited the local camera store that Simian Summet suggested, and I was disappointed with the condition of the LX. Yes, it was cheap, and I'm sure Eric could bring it back to spec, but it looked just a little too rough for me. I think I'll stick with my Spotmatics and keep an eye on marketplace.

Thanks for the advice!!!
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I heard from some repairman that LX requires a good amount of maintenance compared to other old Pentax cameras. Any opinion?
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I've bought my fair share of used and older model cameras (more than a couple of decades or older) and both LX's I've picked up (first 4 years ago and the other just last year) are 100% functional and accurate. There may be no accounting for previous owner use/abuse so make sure you have guarantees or that you're willing to take the chance.