Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2013, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #1

My K1000 experience!!!

Hi folks,

I wrote a blog for the K30 contest about my experiences with the K1000. I worked hard at it and I am very proud of it. You fellow film nuts might enjoy it if you haven't already. Please check it out. Thanks!

The Iconic Pentax K1000 - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Serge

01-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drumhead Quote
Hi folks,

I wrote a blog for the K30 contest about my experiences with the K1000. I worked hard at it and I am very proud of it. You fellow film nuts might enjoy it if you haven't already. Please check it out. Thanks!

The Iconic Pentax K1000 - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Serge
Nice work and enjoy shooting film!

Phil.
01-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Phil. I apologize for the shameless self promotion
01-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
the spartan K1000 should be regarded as a camera worth pursuing by those truly interested in learning the art of photography

Yeah!
Now that I have a little digicam for work, I realize all over again how much I love my K1000. I feel more a part of the process, like *I* am taking the picture. Pushing buttons to select digital picture modes is too much like setting the VCR. And I love that clack of the shutter too -- no wussy little beepbeepbeep. I once amazed a visiting penpal when we were taking moonlight pix; her manual camera went off clack, & I said, "that sounded like 1/60th; is that what you used?" She thought it was remarkable that I could tell the shutter speed from the click, but... use it enough & you can.
Good writeup; I bet your grandfather would be pleased that you enjoy his camera.
I really like the last photo, abstracty rocks & sky, too.

01-19-2013, 03:58 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alliecat Quote

Yeah!
Now that I have a little digicam for work, I realize all over again how much I love my K1000. I feel more a part of the process, like *I* am taking the picture. Pushing buttons to select digital picture modes is too much like setting the VCR. And I love that clack of the shutter too -- no wussy little beepbeepbeep. I once amazed a visiting penpal when we were taking moonlight pix; her manual camera went off clack, & I said, "that sounded like 1/60th; is that what you used?" She thought it was remarkable that I could tell the shutter speed from the click, but... use it enough & you can.
Good writeup; I bet your grandfather would be pleased that you enjoy his camera.
I really like the last photo, abstracty rocks & sky, too.
Thanks Aliecat! Please rate my blog post if you enjoyed it. It will help my chances of winning a my first Pentax Dslr. All the best!