Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Help installing BG-10 to MZ-S film camera

I finally located battery grip BG-10 for my MZ-S film camera, and the item arrived today. No instructions were provided, and I cannot locate anything on-line, even on the Pentax official download site. I will appreciate help from anyone having knowledge and experience with this accessory.

From simple visual inspection, it appears that installation requires removing the two regular batteries to provide the space for a 2 1/2-3 inch arm to reach up inside the camera to make contact for the battery grip batteries. If so, it also appears that the original battery door must be removed, but it is not apparent how the door is to be removed safely without harming the door hinges.

I will sure appreciate a set of BG-10 installation instructions or a comment on how to approach this probably very simple installation.

01-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Forum Member

Don't try to remove the door. Just open it and it slides into the grip. Before you do that, remove the rubber tab on body (for grip) contacts and place the tab in compartment on grip, not to loose it. Load batteries with camera in OFF position. Enjoy your new toy...
01-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
So simple . . . why couldn't I have figured that out! Thanks a lot. This forum is the greatest thing going.