Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #1

My pentax p30t

I have a Pentax p30t and I bought new film for it, I thought I put it in the right way but I guess I didn't. I'll load the film in the camera and start taking pictures, but when I put the film up to a light I don't see any pictures. Any help. I'm a newbie when I comes to film cameras.

02-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I assume that you got the film developed at a reputable photofinisher so we can rule out a film development problem.

Then perhaps the film wasn't loaded correctly? Did the frame counter (the little window to the right) count up to 24 or 36 as you took the pictures?
02-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I assume that you got the film developed at a reputable photofinisher so we can rule out a film development problem.

Then perhaps the film wasn't loaded correctly? Did the frame counter (the little window to the right) count up to 24 or 36 as you took the pictures?
If you take the out and look at it before sending it out to process, you will never see any pictures on it. The film is ruined by being exposed to light.
02-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I hope he means the negatives....

02-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
If you take the out and look at it before sending it out to process, you will never see any pictures on it. The film is ruined by being exposed to light.
Well I knew with some film you can look in the light to see the pictures but I didn't know you couldn't with this kind of film. This is my first film camera so I might have a few questions about it later on down the road. Thank you so much.
02-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi, jhefner,
You might be able to download the P30t manual for your camera
Page 15 shows how to rewind the film back inside the light-proof canister and then unload the film canister. The film must be kept inside the canister because it will be ruined if you pull the film out to look.
Then you have to take the canister to a shop to be "processed". Such a shop will return either prints and/or a cd with scans of your photos.
You should also ask for your negatives to be returned. The negatives are actually the original film in the canister.
I tried to find a link to an explanation of all this on wiki, but it starts by assuming the person already knows that the film must removed from camera and sent to be "processed".
Photographic processing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck with your next roll of film.

Last edited by wombat2go; 02-09-2013 at 09:56 AM.
02-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jhefner Quote
Well I knew with some film you can look in the light to see the pictures but I didn't know you couldn't with this kind of film. This is my first film camera so I might have a few questions about it later on down the road. Thank you so much.
Oops. I think you need to find your owner's manual and carefully read about film handling. If you don't have the manual, you can probably find a copy online. Reading up on the basics for film cameras would be helpful, too. Good luck.

edit: wombat has good advice above ^^.

02-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The manual is available here...

Pentax Manuals

Pages 11-15 provide instructions on loading and unloading film.