Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9422 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 04:08 AM   #1531

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Yeah, those Zenzas are a pain with the darkslide. If I recall, you can't unmount the film cartridge without a slide, either.
@dcshooter: If you mean that you can't remove the film back without a dark slide, that's correct. Lots of interlocks on this camera!

@EJMzagsfan: You don't need a dark slide until you get a second film back, at which point you need two dark slides total. but any back you buy should come with one at least. Koh's used to be the place for S2/S2A; then Jimmy Koh retired from repair, but may still have parts. KEH might sometimes have dark slides; they file the S2A under "Miscellaneous Medium Format" (not any Bronica category of its own) so you'd need to look here for dark slides--none there at the moment.

--Dave

03-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #1532
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
@dcshooter: If you mean that you can't remove the film back without a dark slide, that's correct. Lots of interlocks on this camera!

@EJMzagsfan: You don't need a dark slide until you get a second film back, at which point you need two dark slides total. but any back you buy should come with one at least. Koh's used to be the place for S2/S2A; then Jimmy Koh retired from repair, but may still have parts. KEH might sometimes have dark slides; they file the S2A under "Miscellaneous Medium Format" (not any Bronica category of its own) so you'd need to look here for dark slides--none there at the moment.

--Dave
You do need a darkslide to test fire the shutter without film though.

IIRC, Blue Moon Camera in Portland (St. Johns) has two S backs for sale, for good prices too.
03-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #1533
Pentaxian

That's not much different than my 500C/M. The back does not come off or camera fire without the darkslide inserted. And for good reason too. That could be an inadvertent disaster if it allowed that. But on the 500C/M you can remove the film out of the back while on the camera and the darkslide pulled out.
03-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #1534
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
That's not much different than my 500C/M. The back does not come off or camera fire without the darkslide inserted. And for good reason too. That could be an inadvertent disaster if it allowed that. But on the 500C/M you can remove the film out of the back while on the camera and the darkslide pulled out.
The Bronica is similar, you can load/unload film with the back attached and the darkslide out. The big difference is that on the Bronica, the darkslide is the mechanism for releasing the back from the body.

03-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #1535
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
It was suggested I post some images of my recent lens re-finishing projects here:

That red looks very nice!
03-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #1536
Veteran Member

My Takumar collecttion so far..still have a couple on the way in the mail list is as follows:

Fish-Eye-Takumar 17/4
SMC Macro-Takumar 50/4
Super-Takumar 50/1.4
Super-Takumar 55/1.8
SMC Takumar 150/4
Takumar 200/3.5
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
03-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #1537

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
You do need a darkslide to test fire the shutter without film though.
Right, and I thought that would not matter anymore since he has put a test roll through it already. But on second thought, good point. Can't "test" the shutter also means can't "exercise" the shutter. If EJMzagsfan happens to be one of those collectors with too many cameras and too little time to actually go out and shoot films in them often, he should exercise the mechanical-shuttered ones occasionally in between rolls to avoid them seizing up. On the S2, that would be impossible without a dark slide. (Solution is to load up and shoot, but time doesn't always permit.)

--Dave

04-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #1538
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
bumping the thread with some 645 and 67 glass:

04-04-2014, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #1539

Quick shots of my film gear.
Been thinking about slowly letting them go but can't figure out the right prize for LX with accessories and lens. If anyone cares to advice (via PM's, perhaps), i would be grateful.

-Heikki
Attached Images

04-06-2014, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #1540
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

04-07-2014, 05:45 AM   #1541
Pentaxian

Two recent thrift store scores ... (x-post)

- a Voigtlander Phokina III with Color-Novicar 2.8/50 plus case ... everything works and price is on the filter below (7€!) ... photo before cleaning
- a Minolta SR T 101 with a MC W.Rokkor-HG 2.8/35 plus case ... the body is locked up, missing the rewind crank and has a lot of mildew, but the lens is very nice ... price on lens (5€!) ... photo before cleaning and always wanted a black version, but this one may be too hard for me to restore ... Can anyone recommend a good Minolta person? Merci, J

04-07-2014, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #1542
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Two recent thrift store scores ... (x-post)

- a Voigtlander Phokina III with Color-Novicar 2.8/50 plus case ... everything works and price is on the filter below (7€!) ... photo before cleaning
- a Minolta SR T 101 with a MC W.Rokkor-HG 2.8/35 plus case ... the body is locked up, missing the rewind crank and has a lot of mildew, but the lens is very nice ... price on lens (5€!) ... photo before cleaning and always wanted a black version, but this one may be too hard for me to restore ... Can anyone recommend a good Minolta person? Merci, J

Whoever wrote the prices on the lenses should be shot. But otherwise, superb finds

I haven't had any Minoltas done myself, but I hear this guy is pretty good:

http://www.garryscamera.com/

Last edited by unixrevolution; 04-07-2014 at 07:39 AM.
04-07-2014, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #1543
Veteran Member

A quick picture of my new aquisition, a very pretty and fully working black SV. I've been searching for this one for quite a while
and the wait was worth it.
Glenn
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #1544
Pentaxian

Nice !
04-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #1545
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Whoever wrote the prices on the lenses should be shot. But otherwise, superb finds

I haven't had any Minoltas done myself, but I hear this guy is pretty good:

Garry's Camera Repair
Merci unix for the repair info ... and yes, two very nice finds after a bit of a drought winter season. Maybe some "Spring cleanings" are coming soon ... Salut, J