Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2013, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #151
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
hollywoodfred's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hollywood, Maryland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 348
I'm sure you all know, it's threads like this one that cultivate the Buyer's Addiction in everyone of us. I was sure I was cured!

But seriously, there is some nice gear on display here.

03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
k0og's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Rolla, Missouri
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 648
QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodfred Quote
I'm sure you all know, it's threads like this one that cultivate the Buyer's Addiction in everyone of us. I was sure I was cured!

But seriously, there is some nice gear on display here.
Agreed! This thread is fun to watch...

Here's my latest:

Honeywell Pentax H1a, purchased from the 'bay for $20 + $10 shipping (body only and leather case). It works perfectly! I only had to repair the X-sync flash port (someone had disabled it - easily repairable by removing the bottom cover). Even the light seals are in good shape.
















With some of its buddies: Super-Takumar 35mm f2; Super-Macro-Takumar 50mm f4; Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8 mounted on the body; Vivitar 28mm f2.5; and Super-Takumar 135mm f2.5.


Some more of its buddies: S-M-C Takumar 50mm f1.4 (works fine since the H1a is a later model with red "R" on rewind knob); Super-Takumar 35mm f3.5; Tele-Takumar 300mm f6.3 (pre-set).

(The above pictures were taken with Pentax K100D Super, ISO800, SMCP-F 35-70mm f3.5/4.5 lens.)

And here are the first pictures taken with the camera. In the first four, the "light meter" in my head underexposed by a couple of stops, but I figured it out mid-way through the roll so the rest were better exposures. Many years ago I shot without a meter, so I'm re-learning the skill.


This is a 3-exposure portrait-mode stitch to cover the height of the tree.


Stumped.


The red swing.


Ivy up the tree.


Trout lily (one of the first spring wildflowers around here).


Rock pile.


Rotting pumpkin in the garden.

The film was Kodak Tri-X @ ISO400; developed in Rodinal, 1+100, 30-minutes, agitation 5 sec. every 5 min.; scanned with Epson V500.

Fun times!
-Joe-
03-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #153
Pentaxian
Arjay Bee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bamaga, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,068
New thread, old gear, good chance to show it all off:

K2 with 45-125 f4


Spotties: L-R ESII, SPII, SPx2, H2, SV Now have the F so will need to do a retake


SP with Teletak 300 6.3
03-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #154
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 71
Got a couple of weeks ago. It's in almost new shape and the light seals are still ok for now. (It's the XA2.)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-3  Photo 
03-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #155
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,691
QuoteOriginally posted by kc.virginia Quote
the light seals are still ok for now.
Good thing! I have changed the seals on my XA (Jon Goodman's kit) and it was a non-trivial task that required partial dis-assembly of the camera.


Steve
03-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #156
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,608
QuoteOriginally posted by kc.virginia Quote
Got a couple of weeks ago. It's in almost new shape and the light seals are still ok for now. (It's the XA2.)
Lovely camera!
03-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #157
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 71
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Good thing! I have changed the seals on my XA (Jon Goodman's kit) and it was a non-trivial task that required partial dis-assembly of the camera.


Steve
Yikes. I hope they last for a while, then!
03-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #158
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 167
QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodfred Quote
I'm sure you all know, it's threads like this one that cultivate the Buyer's Addiction in everyone of us. I was sure I was cured!

But seriously, there is some nice gear on display here.
Agreed.

I haven't been cured of GAS/ LBA/ etc... but I think it's under control. I've actually been slowly getting rid of most of my photo gear. Too much stuff to care for and use. I don't have the space or money for a camera museum - so if I'm not using it, it is on the chopping block. The new stuff is just too expensive to continue buying lenses for multiple systems, etc...

Some shots of gear no longer owned...

My old Canon AE-1 Program kit after a good cleaning and a new strap.



And the venerable Nikon F3HP.


Last edited by Pentikonian; 01-15-2014 at 07:47 AM.
03-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #159
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 167
QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
My new Pentax K1000 SE shot with my Fuji X100 with the Steel Bridge in the background
That's a nice looking camera.
03-25-2013, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #160
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8
pentaxes

A frame full of pentaxes. K1000, LX, MX (x3), ME Super, ME, SuperA, Super Program,ME Super SE, P30t, MV1 and I'm pretty sure the MG made it in there too.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7000  Photo 
03-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,691
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote

My old Canon AE-1 Program kit after a good cleaning and a new strap.



And the venerable Nikon F3HP.
I can pass on the Canon, but the Nikon...oh, yeah, the Nikon...(slobber)...


Steve
03-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #162
KGH
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 102
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Interesting the ME Super is the same size as a X100. And it takes a mirrorless camera in digital that's not even FF to match the size of this FF camera.



Thanks. The close proximity and ultra wide angle taking lens makes that 50mm look bigger than it is on the ME Super.
I was going to start a thread about this same subject then I saw your comment so, I will just add mine to this; My father passed away and I acquired some of his Pentax gear. He had already given me some, but as I was looking through the bag, I noticed his ME body. I have a Fuji X10 and took them both and compared them in size. The X10, a compact, is only slightly less wide and just a little shorter, and about the same depth. I have been recovering from an auto accident for some months and have only really been using my Fuji lately. I got out my Pentax K200 with battery pack and thought I would have to use a monopod just to hold it. I am not used to the size anymore. It makes me laugh that at work we all use Canons for our school photography and most of the other photogs have Canons in their personal life and always kidded me how light and tiny my Pentax gear was, but now I wish it was as small as my dad's old ME. Who wants a backache carrying around all that gear? Just ordered a 43mm LTD lens, have a feeling I'm going to like this small lens.
03-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #163
Senior Member
Zaphodmonster's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 150
Wow great thread, and great photos! I'm really digging the film camera porn. I will post some soon
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,384
QuoteOriginally posted by KGH Quote
I was going to start a thread about this same subject then I saw your comment so, I will just add mine to this; My father passed away and I acquired some of his Pentax gear. He had already given me some, but as I was looking through the bag, I noticed his ME body. I have a Fuji X10 and took them both and compared them in size. The X10, a compact, is only slightly less wide and just a little shorter, and about the same depth. I have been recovering from an auto accident for some months and have only really been using my Fuji lately. I got out my Pentax K200 with battery pack and thought I would have to use a monopod just to hold it. I am not used to the size anymore. It makes me laugh that at work we all use Canons for our school photography and most of the other photogs have Canons in their personal life and always kidded me how light and tiny my Pentax gear was, but now I wish it was as small as my dad's old ME. Who wants a backache carrying around all that gear? Just ordered a 43mm LTD lens, have a feeling I'm going to like this small lens.
The FA43 will be a great combo with your ME!

Phil.
03-26-2013, 09:18 PM - 1 Like   #165
Veteran Member
Julie's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,067
I need to subscribe to this thread.

K1000 w/ A 50 2.8 Macro


Canon Demi (rare cream-colored version)


and last but not least, an old Exa with CZJT 50 3.5


Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645n, af, bronica, camera, chris, ebay, eric, f2.8, fa, film, flickr, lens, mx, nettar, p3, p30t, pentax, photography magazine, post, praktica, retina, shutter, site, store, stuff, swap, test, thrift, tools, winder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Keeper" Lens Club -- You'll regret it if you sell it. vandamro Lens Clubs 103 10-13-2017 06:14 PM
Is it safe to share my personal collection of K-01 lens p0rn? elpolodiablo Pentax K-01 41 03-01-2013 11:16 AM
If you aren't using it, zip it up! The Jannie Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 09-16-2011 04:35 PM
You've got to love technology and it's mindlessness mtansley General Talk 6 07-24-2011 05:43 PM
Cityscape Got one I'd like to see what you can do with it photolady95 Photo Critique 9 06-25-2011 01:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top