Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #1966
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Merci beaucoup ! That's a very nice site that I have never come across before now.
I think it's not a very Pentax oriented website but it deals in detail with the main "pro cameras" of the 70s and 80s, the LX, the Canon F-1 family and the Nikon F2, I don't have an LX but for the F-1 and the F2 it's a real goldmine of information, probably the most detailed website online, much better than Rockwell's crazy reviews for instance that on the other side are very popular.

09-11-2014, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #1967
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I think it's not a very Pentax oriented website but it deals in detail with the main "pro cameras" of the 70s and 80s, the LX, the Canon F-1 family and the Nikon F2, I don't have an LX but for the F-1 and the F2 it's a real goldmine of information, probably the most detailed website online, much better than Rockwell's crazy reviews for instance that on the other side are very popular.
I saw that, but I scanned the LX stuff which seemed good general info ... And also some nice Minolta info for which I'm a fan/collector (SR-T's [101's +] and my "7"s - X-700, 7000, 700si and always looking for an XD-7 plus many others ) ... thanks again. J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 09-11-2014 at 12:15 PM.
09-11-2014, 10:08 AM - 5 Likes   #1968
Pentaxian

My latest silver refinish.

09-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #1969
IHS

^^^Very sharp...likey. Here's the ME-F

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
09-12-2014, 06:50 AM   #1970
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IHS Quote
^^^Very nice! Is that white part soft leather or canvas? Can't quite tell, but either way it's super classy!

Eric: Thanks and yes...I love that lens! I got it for a song off of the local craigslist. (25 bucks)
Lucky! Mine cost me over $100 and I still think I got a bargain!
09-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #1971
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lens Caps

Raynox Lens Cap 1

The Raynox close-up lens can be mounted to a Pentax camera using a 49mm to 43mm step down ring. I am using two rings, a 49-46 and then a 46-43, because this is what I could find...

The threaded end of the 49mm step down ring that screws onto the camera lens can be covered with an old 49mm Pentax lens cap. The newer styles do not fit well, but the old type shown does. The cap is labeled 'Asahi Pentax'.

09-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #1972
Veteran Member

I just came back from a visit to London where I travelled looking for occasional "targets" with the new toy, the F2AS, and since the camera has generated some interest here there are my first thoughts:

The camera according to various websites should be a 1974 F2 converted to AS specs (with the new viewfinder) in 1979. If the serial numbers around are to be believed of course...as you can see from the pictures it looks almost brand new so one thing is true: They are extremely rugged cameras that fear nothing.

For some points it's a very conservative design, older than a Spotmatic (button opening), it's heavy but not as heavy as they on the net, in the K2 area, definitely lighter than a Canon F-1N.

The finder is a disappointment because while bigger than a MXs it's relatively dim, the less aren't as bright as my FM's and MX's, unlike the F-1N the night glow button must be kept held AND the lens opening cannot be seen. Besides that it's extremely sensitive (even too much) also in low light conditions. Unlike any mechanical camera I've seen you can change continuously the shutter speed between 125 and 2000, this gives you a sort of aperture priority manual function that can be useful.

In short, iconic, no doubt. Best camera ever? Not that sure...
09-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #1973
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
My latest silver refinish.

very nice ! You've tried something harder than usual
The AF part wasn't too hard ?

09-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #1974
Pentaxian

The toughest part of the AF was getting the communications fork out without bending the tines. These small primes aren't too bad generally, but anything with zoom is pretty painful.

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
very nice ! You've tried something harder than usual
The AF part wasn't too hard ?
09-15-2014, 03:34 AM   #1975
Pentaxian

For those who may not have seen it over in the pancake thread here is the M40 DCShooter refurbished. I have had it a couple of weeks but I was just waiting for this new rear lens cover to arrive before showing it off.

In another thread someone commented that the F 35-70 may look good using that same new lens cover. What do you think?:

And lastly how do the Super Taks look? Here is the 85mm 1.9:

Needless to say I'm enjoying the new camera body!
09-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #1976
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
For those who may not have seen it over in the pancake thread here is the M40 DCShooter refurbished. I have had it a couple of weeks but I was just waiting for this new rear lens cover to arrive before showing it off.

In another thread someone commented that the F 35-70 may look good using that same new lens cover. What do you think?:

And lastly how do the Super Taks look? Here is the 85mm 1.9:

Needless to say I'm enjoying the new camera body!
All looks nice and now wondering why I sold away my M 40/2.8.

The "original" Plastic Fantastic looks good to me (have one + the ST 85/1.9). Enjoy 'em, J
09-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #1977
Veteran Member

I always wonder why there are so many digital cameras in film camera thread. To help out with this situation, here's more of my new Leica M3 saga (well actually 49 years old).

In my previous post I mentioned that I got a copy which has locked up:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/217364-gear-...ml#post2923672

Well, I have returned it and while I was in Tokyo for 4 days I got another M3. Much nicer condition, but more expensive too. Here are photos of it with Summarit 50mm f1.5 and Summilux 50mm f1.4.
One note, this camera is so pleasant and msooth to use (even if it took me a while to get used to rangefinder focusing), I shot through 12 rolls of film in 48 hour period. Which is a record for me.
My Pentax ME Super, MX got very ignored and lonely on that trip and I only shot 1 roll of film in my hasselblad which until now was my most used camera.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5s  Photo 
09-17-2014, 01:19 AM   #1978
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
This one has zero haze. Barely any micro scratches on the front element too. It had the uv filter since new. It had CLA on it before I got it. But I did pay a premium for it. It also has the original hood.

Unfortunately I didn't even take a single photo with it yet.

---------- Post added 08-30-14 at 02:52 AM ----------

I have a summilux 50 on the way for colour. But in particular from what I have seen, I like summarit's BW look. I should get it in a week or so, just before my quick 4 day trip to japan. So the camera and both of the lenses should get good workout.
I'm also a Leica man I assume, I've a 1.000.000sh M3, a M4P and a M5 (my favourite)...I'm also interested in the Summarit because I heard many bad things about this lens but I always wanted to try it, otherwise I assume I should set up for a new 1.5 Nokton.
09-17-2014, 02:17 AM   #1979
Pentaxian

@Nuff....Sorry for the digital ... been following this thread so long I forgot it was old school only.
09-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #1980
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
@Nuff....Sorry for the digital ... been following this thread so long I forgot it was old school only.
No need to be sorry, I'm just nitpicking. It's usually only one digi cam per page. It would be an issue if it was the other way around.

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I'm also a Leica man I assume, I've a 1.000.000sh M3, a M4P and a M5 (my favourite)...I'm also interested in the Summarit because I heard many bad things about this lens but I always wanted to try it, otherwise I assume I should set up for a new 1.5 Nokton.
It's a different experience. I will sell my ME Super, but I will keep MX, even if it feels really rough now. For one I don't have 50mm f1.2 for the M3.

I got the summarit for BW moody photos, I hope I get what I want. What's a bad lens? One that doesn't get the photos you want. I want it for pictorialist BW portraits mostly. I want it to be fuzzy and swirly and all crazy. So lets see if I get the results I'm after. I will report back once I develop and dry the film later tonight.

For the razor sharp and contrasty photos, I got the summilux. And the results I got from it so far are great!