Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #1996
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Since there's some rangefinder love here there's some Zorki p0rn

Apologies for the lousy digital picture.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 09-18-2014 at 01:12 PM.
09-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #1997
IHS

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
And a very well posed shot it is, lends Canon a bit of class
Thanks...The pic doesn't do that camera justice. It is a mint example and the lens are all flawless. I picked it up pretty cheap so I can flip it for more pentax goodies. It's rock solid with a great feel to it but has the nastiest sounding shutter I've ever heard. It's just so...cheap sounding. I hate it.
09-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #1998
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Canon Squeal

QuoteOriginally posted by IHS Quote
Thanks...The pic doesn't do that camera justice. It is a mint example and the lens are all flawless. I picked it up pretty cheap so I can flip it for more pentax goodies. It's rock solid with a great feel to it but has the nastiest sounding shutter I've ever heard. It's just so...cheap sounding. I hate it.
09-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #1999
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
I have wondered if there is some corrective lens that could be installed in a body that would allow a 35mm PK lens to cover a 6x9 negative and still get inf focus. I know that there would be light and sharpness loss, but wonder if that would be worth it by having such a wide variety of lens choices. Just thinking.
an adapter with a negative diopter would increase the registration distance and image size.

09-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #2000
Pentaxian

I've joined the dark side!

09-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #2001

QuoteOriginally posted by IHS Quote
If it's a squealy 'ker-CHOO!' sound that's the flywheel squeaking from dried lube. The link posted above which describes taking off the top cover is different from the method I've used.

Canon A-series DIY Repair / Shutter Squeak etc.

Basically take off the bottom cover, make sure the shutter is cocked and snake a spray nozzle stick which can be flattened to get it down to the required depth in the position shown in the above webpage. Just a little dab'll do ya and it may take a second or third, remember just a little bit and working the shutter a few clicks until the squeal goes away. They supposedly work for a long time before the shutter seizes open and when it does that, you send it to one of the Canon wizards like Joe Careta and get it fixed. And new light seals etc...
09-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #2002
IHS

QuoteOriginally posted by dubiousone Quote
If it's a squealy 'ker-CHOO!' sound that's the flywheel squeaking from dried lube. The link posted above which describes taking off the top cover is different from the method I've used.

Canon A-series DIY Repair / Shutter Squeak etc.

Basically take off the bottom cover, make sure the shutter is cocked and snake a spray nozzle stick which can be flattened to get it down to the required depth in the position shown in the above webpage. Just a little dab'll do ya and it may take a second or third, remember just a little bit and working the shutter a few clicks until the squeal goes away. They supposedly work for a long time before the shutter seizes open and when it does that, you send it to one of the Canon wizards like Joe Careta and get it fixed. And new light seals etc...
Thanks...I really have no intention of keeping it though as I bought it for the sole purpose turning a few bucks to help buy some glass for my Pentys. I'll leave everything to the new canon loving owner to sort out. (but yeah...that's what it sounds like..."shivers")

---------- Post added 09-20-14 at 08:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Oh my...You're in deep now. Come back, before it's too late! That's a beauty though and no mistake...Congrats sir.
09-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #2003
Site Supporter

MX Motor Drive

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hey

How is this for a Friday? I know that I am cross-posting but what the heck...

Have a great photo weekend to all.
Another XXX combination for the MX - A mint set comprising a MX Body, Motor Drive and battery pack M (X posted images).

09-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #2004
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Acquired at the beginning of the summer ...
Oh my . . . . . K2DMD . . . . . only camera I've ever had that I regret having sold.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-20-2014 at 08:28 PM.
09-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #2005
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Another XXX combination for the MX - A mint set comprising a MX Body, Motor Drive and battery pack M (X posted images)
Love the Mxs. Notice the self timer on one is stuck(?). If I see that on eBay pictures, I move on as I assume there is a problem.
09-21-2014, 01:49 AM   #2006
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Love the Mxs. Notice the self timer on one is stuck(?). If I see that on eBay pictures, I move on as I assume there is a problem.
Not stuck. Moving no problems. I noticed it myself when I look at the photos. It freed up after turning it counter clockwise a tad then proceeded to actuate the shutter. It must have been in that position for 30 years though

---------- Post added 09-21-14 at 06:51 PM ----------

Not stuck. Moving no problems. I noticed it myself when I look at the photos. It freed up after turning it counter clockwise a tad then proceeded to actuate the shutter. It must have been in that position for 30 years though
I was tempted to put it on ebay to see what sort of interest there would be. I am not sure I would want to part with it though - a collectors piece no doubt.
09-21-2014, 01:54 AM   #2007
Veteran Member

Canon F-1N with FD 50mm f1.2

09-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #2008
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by maltfalc Quote
an adapter with a negative diopter would increase the registration distance and image size.
That is the ticket I am looking for, if a body were made, with that negative diopter lens installed within the body, that incorporated a PK mount for 35mm lenses Then any pentax lens with an "A" ring should work.
Yes, there would be a slight light loss and sharpness loss, but the advantage of having the pentax lens selection would be worth it to me in a MF 6x9 body.
09-22-2014, 03:44 AM - 1 Like   #2009
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I'm so jealous right now.......
09-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #2010
Site Supporter

[/COLOR]
I was tempted to put it on ebay to see what sort of interest there would be. I am not sure I would want to part with it though - a collectors piece no doubt.
Looks great! I would have kept the MX if I were in your shoes.

Cheers, baard-einar