Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2014, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #2011
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I've joined the dark side!
Yes, the dark slide. Congrats on the new gear. I'd recommend getting all Bay 60 lenses. Only one set of filters and a few lens hoods covers a large range of focal lengths. And if you have any Pantax 67mm bayonet filters (BW work), they will fit Hassy's Bay 60 without an adapter and the bayonet lens hoods still fit over them.

09-22-2014, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #2012
Marketplace Reseller
dcshooter's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,112
Putting the finishing touches on my latest refinish, done for a PF member...

09-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #2013
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,376
Now, that is exquisite ... being the AD-2 fan I am ... bravo! J
09-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #2014
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Putting the finishing touches on my latest refinish, done for a PF member...
Beautiful! K.

09-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #2015
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newcastle
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,443
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Looks great! I would have kept the MX if I were in your shoes.

Cheers, baard-einar
I have decided to keep the MX and in so doing I have created a surplus of MXs in my collection. Sorry to say, time to bump the relegated MX out to another collection.
09-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #2016
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,805
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Yes, the dark slide. Congrats on the new gear. I'd recommend getting all Bay 60 lenses. Only one set of filters and a few lens hoods covers a large range of focal lengths. And if you have any Pantax 67mm bayonet filters (BW work), they will fit Hassy's Bay 60 without an adapter and the bayonet lens hoods still fit over them.
Thanks Tuco
I pretty much spent my budget on this kit, I don't think I'll be getting any other lenses for it, at least not for a long while.
This kit came with a Hasselblad Bay 60 red filter. I'll have try it with some Acros or Tmax.
09-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #2017
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
Here's my killer setup... all one needs, really

09-23-2014, 08:23 AM   #2018
Marketplace Reseller
dcshooter's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,112
DA on a P3? So I'm guessing you are shooting only aperture priority...

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Here's my killer setup... all one needs, really


09-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #2019
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
DA on a P3? So I'm guessing you are shooting only aperture priority...
P30T.

And yeah with that lens, I can't shoot fully manual. Still worth it IMHO. With film, since it's more expensive, I tend to do less experimenting with the exposure. If I want to esperiment, my Rikenon brothers (50 1.4 and 28 2.8) will do the job

And to be honest, these days I do a lot of Av shooting in my K20D with the DA 35 2.4, as well.
09-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #2020
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,805
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
DA on a P3? So I'm guessing you are shooting only aperture priority...
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
P30T.

And yeah with that lens, I can't shoot fully manual. Still worth it IMHO. With film, since it's more expensive, I tend to do less experimenting with the exposure. If I want to esperiment, my Rikenon brothers (50 1.4 and 28 2.8) will do the job

And to be honest, these days I do a lot of Av shooting in my K20D with the DA 35 2.4, as well.
Aren't you limited to P mode with the P30t and DA lenses?
09-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #2021
Pentaxian
45 Mike's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,307
The P30T was my second film SLR, MX was my first. I have a P3N also. Very sturdy capable cameras. I use my DA 18-55 on the P30T a lot, with color film, and the P3N shoots B/W with a sears 135mm A lens.
09-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #2022
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
Yeah, in the P30T it's called A mode, but it's the same thing as Program. Or, I can pick the shutter speed and shoot at 2.4 (which the DA 35 2.4 does very well).
09-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #2023
Senior Member
Into The Lens's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Between clever and stupid
Photos: Albums
Posts: 216
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Here's my killer setup... all one needs, really
Thanks ChristianRock!! This post was so inspiring, it pushed me to pull the trigger on a P30T off of eBay! Will use it with my FA-50f1.4 and FA-31f1.8.
09-24-2014, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #2024
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,048
Good luck, IntoTheLens! A common issue with these is that the winder will skip frames. In mine, I just kept working the winder for a couple hundred shots (no film) and now it doesn't skip anymore. I guess they just get a bit lazy and out of shape, and need the exercise

I'd love to see what you get out of the 50 and the 31!
09-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #2025
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 207
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Thanks Tuco
I pretty much spent my budget on this kit, I don't think I'll be getting any other lenses for it, at least not for a long while.
This kit came with a Hasselblad Bay 60 red filter. I'll have try it with some Acros or Tmax.
Colton, congrats on the Swede. Let us know how you get on with it: do you find it better than your beloved Bronnie(s), and if so, is it that much better as to justify the cost differential?

--Dave
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645n, af, bronica, camera, chris, ebay, eric, f2.8, fa, film, flickr, lens, mx, nettar, p3, p30t, pentax, photography magazine, post, praktica, retina, shutter, site, store, stuff, swap, test, thrift, tools, winder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Keeper" Lens Club -- You'll regret it if you sell it. vandamro Lens Clubs 92 09-18-2016 10:09 PM
Is it safe to share my personal collection of K-01 lens p0rn? elpolodiablo Pentax K-01 41 03-01-2013 11:16 AM
If you aren't using it, zip it up! The Jannie Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 09-16-2011 04:35 PM
You've got to love technology and it's mindlessness mtansley General Talk 6 07-24-2011 05:43 PM
Cityscape Got one I'd like to see what you can do with it photolady95 Photo Critique 9 06-25-2011 01:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top