Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #2026
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
Colton, congrats on the Swede. Let us know how you get on with it: do you find it better than your beloved Bronnie(s), and if so, is it that much better as to justify the cost differential?

--Dave
Thanks Dave.
I've only taken 3 shots with the Hasselblad so far, so at this point I can't say too much.
Things I've noticed so far, compared to my Bronicas,

The Hasselblad is noticeably smaller than my S2, a far bit smaller than my EC, and is actually about the size of my ETR-Si, though it is heavier than my ETR-Si.

One of my biggest complaints about my S2 is the focus screen. I've always had trouble focusing it, and have ruined a few really good photos by missing focus. The Hasselblad (so far) seems much better in this regard, although I have yet to see if it's focusing accurately. The Hassy does have a $400 Beattie focus screen too.

I think some things on the Bronica S2 are better thought out, namely that a dark slide is required to remove the film back, and even with the slide it's impossible to accidentally remove the back. On the Hasselblad, it seems ridiculously easy (too easy) to remove the back.

09-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #2027
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Thanks Dave.
I've only taken 3 shots with the Hasselblad so far, so at this point I can't say too much.
Things I've noticed so far, compared to my Bronicas,

The Hasselblad is noticeably smaller than my S2, a far bit smaller than my EC, and is actually about the size of my ETR-Si, though it is heavier than my ETR-Si.

One of my biggest complaints about my S2 is the focus screen. I've always had trouble focusing it, and have ruined a few really good photos by missing focus. The Hasselblad (so far) seems much better in this regard, although I have yet to see if it's focusing accurately. The Hassy does have a $400 Beattie focus screen too.

I think some things on the Bronica S2 are better thought out, namely that a dark slide is required to remove the film back, and even with the slide it's impossible to accidentally remove the back. On the Hasselblad, it seems ridiculously easy (too easy) to remove the back.
Sounds like you darkslide/back/hassy has issue. It's impossible to remove the back unless the darkslide is in.
09-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #2028
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
Sounds like you darkslide/back/hassy has issue. It's impossible to remove the back unless the darkslide is in.
Oh. Well I haven't tried to remove the back without the dark slide, I'd just read somewhere that the back is removable without the slide.
It's good to know it isn't.
09-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #2029
Pentaxian

The stock focus screen that came in my 500C/M was really bad and hard to focus. Things just didn't seem to visually snap into focus looking through it compared to my Pentax 67. But Hasselblad later made an Acute Matte D in various flavors and some with even a split screen. I put that in an it made a big difference. But they cost too much which sucks.

09-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #2030
Pentaxian

Here's a photo to show the size difference of the Hasselblad and the Bronica S2 (right) and EC (left)

09-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #2031
Site Supporter

those Bronica's look very clunky when sat next to your Hasselblad.
Which do you prefer using?
09-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #2032
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Nice collection! I see your 500C/M has one of those add-on shutter buttons for your finger so popular with the mirrorless cameras. Time to re-post my 500C/M's exploded view with a CF T* 50mm FLE lens.
That's a pretty amazing photo, and the setup shot is really cool. Must have taken awhile

My fingers are getting weak and clumsy, so I've been using the soft releases and it help so I can press the button.

---------- Post added 09-26-2014 at 08:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlH Quote
those Bronica's look very clunky when sat next to your Hasselblad.
Which do you prefer using?
They're bigger, but I don't know that I'd call them clunky.
I've used the S2 the most and I really like it. The Hassy is new to me and I've not used it enough to really say. I do like it so far though.
09-26-2014, 09:33 PM - 2 Likes   #2033
Veteran Member

Does a new fridge count as gear...

... if it's filled with this?

I had to make a budget decision when I found out that Arista Premium 400 was in fact discontinued. This will keep me going for a couple of years.

09-27-2014, 12:59 AM   #2034
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote

I had to make a budget decision when I found out that Arista Premium 400 was in fact discontinued. This will keep me going for a couple of years.
you will barely keep going :P
09-27-2014, 02:12 AM   #2035
IHS

Sound investment as far as I'm concerned! I've got a nice little fridge like that but it's filled with bottled water. I need to remedy that...
09-27-2014, 02:19 AM   #2036
Site Supporter

Normally I am not a big fan of Canon, but this one kind of fell into my lap; even came with a proper working battery ... think that I will keep it around a bit. Salut, J

x-post

09-27-2014, 05:44 AM - 1 Like   #2037
Site Supporter

Here's a photo to show the size difference of the Hasselblad and the Bronica S2 (right) and EC (left)
I have nothing this grand, but have acquired my very first Nikon for it's historical interest; the F2 made from 1971 to 1980. This is a well travelled example, but is claimed to be fully functional. It certainly must have some stories to tell.
09-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #2038
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
I have nothing this grand, but have acquired my very first Nikon for it's historical interest; the F2 made from 1971 to 1980. This is a well travelled example, but is claimed to be fully functional. It certainly must have some stories to tell.
That was the camera of my dreams in high school. In black, of course.
09-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #2039
Pentaxian

Methinks you like TRI-X?

---------- Post added 09-27-2014 at 07:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Great camera!
09-27-2014, 11:16 PM   #2040
Veteran Member

Methinks you like TRI-X?
Is there anything else???

A Little bit; ever since high school.