Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #2056
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It was quite a bit more than usual, but a lot of it was due to the fact that a major cemented doublet had become quite separated and fungus had infiltrated along the seam. I was able to get the two elements apart and cleaned and re-cemented with canada balsam, but there were a few spots where the fungus had left etching. With the size of the doublet, it took weeks to dry enough to the point where I was confident ot put it back in the lens barrel and send it off. There was also additional work due to the fact htat the lens had green paint on top of black anodizing, so there was extra stripping involved. As far as complexity goes, it was not the worst manual lens to disassemble/reassemble I've ever worked on (Hello, Vivitar Series 1 Zooms), but it was certainly a few steps up from the typical small prime.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Oh, my! That looks to be a significant amount of work and so very well done. Speechless.

Steve

10-01-2014, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #2057
Site Supporter

Some new FREE Gear ---

An e-mail message was sent around my Club -- a Gent had some gear from his deceased Dad and listed it -- I was the first one to reply -- probably the ONLY one as it was all 'Old Film Gear' ---- well I met him and he produced a very dusty plastic box -- inside was all filthy but a 1982 vintage CONTAX RTS II Quartz, Yashica FR1 with lenses in dirty cases, winders, huge Contax 'real Time 540 flash' lots of cables, a Tamron 70-210 Zoom with both M42 and C/Y mounts etc -- I cleaned up cameras and lens surfaces and luckily NO FUNGUS and cases i wiped with Neatsfoot Oil -- I finally got the huge flash to work with 12 AA Batteries -- when I turned it on and pressed the 'test' button there was a huge 'CRACK' as it discharged -- probably for the first time in over 20 years !! Both cameras had a 'bang' -- Contax on corner near frame counter so it does not 'zero' any more and Yashica on pentaprism so frame counter stays at 'Start' but lenses are sharp at full aperture and the winders work -- I just need better MUSCLES to carry it all especially the Contax with flash !
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
10-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #2058
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxpete Quote
An e-mail message was sent around my Club -- ...
Wow !!! Super score ... and I want to join your club.

Enjoy that Planar ... J (maybe get a multi-mount ?! ... or Rio Rico dremel modify it to PK - heresy)
10-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #2059
Pentaxian

And next toy, the little Contax T2. Its a bit battered but in full-working order and very cheap! Now loaded with XP2 and ready to go!

10-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #2060
Marketplace Reseller

A K mount from a Pentax-M series Prime (e.g. the M50 f/2) will fit right on the flange of a Contax Planar if you drill the correctly-spaced holes into the flange (one screw will line up with a void but can be glued to the mount for cosmetic purposes). The registrsation distance can then be easily adjusted form the front. It's basically completely reversible, since if you put the Contax mount back on, the holes you drilled will be completely covered. Just be careful to keep any shavings out of the helical.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Wow !!! Super score ... and I want to join your club.

Enjoy that Planar ... J (maybe get a multi-mount ?! ... or Rio Rico dremel modify it to PK - heresy)
10-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #2061
IHS

Good ole fleabay...36 bucks for the body. I just couldn't leave it there.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
10-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #2062
Site Supporter

Jean : You are welcome to visit Brentwood Photographic Club any time you are in England -- i get a LOT of free gear from members !!
dcshooter : I do not have a Drill and would not like to attempt what you suggest !! -- I cannot even put up shelves -- but I DO take a 'Good, Clear, SNAP' !!
10-02-2014, 02:31 AM   #2063
Site Supporter

Jean : You are welcome to visit Brentwood Photographic Club any time you are in England -- i get a LOT of free gear from members !!
dcshooter : I do not have a Drill and would not like to attempt what you suggest !! -- I cannot even put up shelves -- but I DO take a 'Good, Clear, SNAP' !!
I just might take you up on that visit invitation someday since you are so close to London ... Salut, J

10-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #2064
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
An e-mail message was sent around my Club -- a Gent had some gear from his deceased Dad and listed it -- I was the first one to reply -- probably the ONLY one as it was all 'Old Film Gear' ---- well I met him and he produced a very dusty plastic box -- inside was all filthy but a 1982 vintage CONTAX RTS II Quartz, Yashica FR1 with lenses in dirty cases, winders, huge Contax 'real Time 540 flash' lots of cables, a Tamron 70-210 Zoom with both M42 and C/Y mounts etc -- I cleaned up cameras and lens surfaces and luckily NO FUNGUS and cases i wiped with Neatsfoot Oil -- I finally got the huge flash to work with 12 AA Batteries -- when I turned it on and pressed the 'test' button there was a huge 'CRACK' as it discharged -- probably for the first time in over 20 years !! Both cameras had a 'bang' -- Contax on corner near frame counter so it does not 'zero' any more and Yashica on pentaprism so frame counter stays at 'Start' but lenses are sharp at full aperture and the winders work -- I just need better MUSCLES to carry it all especially the Contax with flash !
What a score!
10-07-2014, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #2065
Pentaxian

My small Minolta collection

IMGP0381a
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr

IMGP0384a

IMGP0387a
10-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #2066
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
My small Minolta collection
That's how they all start . . .

Very nice set and ready to go!
10-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #2067
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
That's how they all start . . .
Too right - I have four of these beauties now.
10-07-2014, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #2068
Forum Member

Hi, I would like to share this with you... The person I rent my apartment to, is offering to buy it from me. We met about 5 years ago and only until a last week meeting, I took my minolta x-570 with me and when he saw it, he said something like: "Oh, you like photography, I used to shoot too. I have some stuff in my closet you could like." And I was like: " show me, show me, show me, show me, show me..." He had two cameras, a om 40 that he showed me first with a 21mm f2 in like new condition, and 2 days later we met again and showed me a om4t just like new, he borrowed me those two and a 35mm f2.8... Well I hope you enjoy this.

One is for the latest found and one is my olympus collection.

From left to right:

135mm f2.8
35-70mm f4
Olympus OM-2N with 50mm f1.4
50mm f3.5 Macro
Olympus OM-4T with 35mm f2.8
24mm f2.8
21mm f2

All zuikos.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 6D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
XT910  Photo 
10-07-2014, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #2069
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JuanEstrada Quote
Hi, I would like to share this with you...
Very good. I have no Olympus, but just spent a fair bit on this, the first Nikon SLR. I am not a Nikon guy, but I do appreciate quality, which this beast has in plenty.
10-08-2014, 07:15 AM   #2070
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Very good. I have no Olympus, but just spent a fair bit on this, the first Nikon SLR. I am not a Nikon guy, but I do appreciate quality, which this beast has in plenty.
Lokks in great shape, nice pickup!

Phil.