Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2014, 04:54 AM   #2206

My ME and some others... Still looking to increasing the collection. I'm just picky about the condition cos I still use (most of) them. Tho I don't mind some bumps and scratches.

11-01-2014, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #2207
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Canon T90

Otherwise known as the tank!

---------- Post added 11-01-14 at 08:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
More Canon gear ... 5 at my thrift store and it's like brand new.
Cool brown case and it had the typical AE-1 "squeak", but I fixed that easily ... xpost

Nice catch and great job getting it back in service. I didn't realize they made these cases for these cameras!

---------- Post added 11-01-14 at 08:08 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by giu.behringer Quote
My ME and some others... Still looking to increasing the collection. I'm just picky about the condition cos I still use (most of) them. Tho I don't mind some bumps and scratches.

Nice collection!

Myself,I first care that it all functions as intended then I look for a keeper version.
11-01-2014, 05:16 AM   #2208

QuoteQuote:
Nice collection!

Myself,I first care that it all functions as intended then I look for a keeper version.
yeah, pretty much. But I've already gotten some pretty nice deals because of marks (big and small) that wouldn't affect function in any way. I think I care much more about those in lenses than in bodies.
11-01-2014, 05:42 AM   #2209
Pentaxian

yeah, pretty much. But I've already gotten some pretty nice deals because of marks (big and small) that wouldn't affect function in any way. I think I care much more about those in lenses than in bodies.
I agree since lenses will more directly influence your results and they also hold their value better.

11-01-2014, 05:42 AM   #2210
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
... Nice catch and great job getting it back in service. I didn't realize they made these cases for these cameras!...
Yeah, I have never seen one like this, brown with black piping, burgundy brown felt interior.

It's marked on the bottom of the wrap around cover " AE 1 ** ", then below "MADE IN TAIWAN", then "R.O.C. (A)* ...

* = a circle A
** = unreadable due to crackling, maybe " 75 " ???
11-01-2014, 05:47 AM   #2211
Pentaxian

Yeah, I have never seen one like this, brown with black piping, burgundy brown felt interior.
I think I may have one very similar looking case - but much older camera, and I attribute the excellent condition of the camera because of it. I would definitely like to get some of this type of cases for some of my other cameras too.
11-02-2014, 01:48 AM   #2212
Site Supporter

I do not think that I have shown this one ... a light weight at only 767g according to my kitchen scale.

11-02-2014, 07:54 AM   #2213
Pentaxian

Interesting camera as it is described as "full of quirks" -> Photoethnography.com - Classic Cameras

11-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #2214
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Interesting camera as it is described as "full of quirks" -> Photoethnography.com - Classic Cameras
Merci Les for the link ... had not seen that page.

Took me a minute (or two) to figure a few things out. It's really full of quirks for a brick ...
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #2215
Site Supporter

More Canon gear ... 5€ at my thrift store and it's like brand new.

Cool brown case and it had the typical AE-1 "squeak", but I fixed that easily ... xpost
That is a steal. Love the condition and case.
11-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #2216
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
That is a steal. Love the condition and case.
Thanks ... I don't know if you noticed, but the camera came with the original cover for the hot shoe ! I am wondering if it was ever been used ...

---------- Post added 11-02-14 at 22:58 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Canon T90
Canon Speedlite 300TL
FDn 28mm f/2.8
FDn 50mm f/1.8
FDn 85mm f/1.8
FD 200mm f/2.8 S.S.C.
Forgot mention this ... but, that's quite a haul, Boris ! Congratz.
11-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #2217
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

OT: in the last Radcliffe movie, Horns, I've seen her girlfriend using a black Pentax camera, I assume it's a ME but I'm not that sure, anybody have a shot of the movie?
11-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #2218
Site Supporter

Don't know where you live, but I have many duplicates I need to trade away. Nearly all my cameras are fully serviceable, and many have been professionally serviced. Notice a Praktica IV that you have. I have two fully functioning and two that can't switch to the slow shutter speeds below 1/25.
11-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #2219
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ok guys I completed my Pentaxian quest getting the last camera I didn't have:

Can anybody educate me to the Way of the LX? The accessories to have, not to have, do, don't do, problems, etc...? I'm relatively ignorant regarding this camera, while I had some info about the Nikon F2 and the Canon F-1N I don't know how it compares besides the fact it's tiny and perhaps my back will be happier to drag this camera around London...BTW I heard it has been changed through its long production run, is this one supposed to be an early or late model?
11-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #2220
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Ok guys I completed my Pentaxian quest getting the last camera I didn't have:

Can anybody educate me to the Way of the LX? The accessories to have, not to have, do, don't do, problems, etc...? I'm relatively ignorant regarding this camera, while I had some info about the Nikon F2 and the Canon F-1N I don't know how it compares besides the fact it's tiny and perhaps my back will be happier to drag this camera around London...BTW I heard it has been changed through its long production run, is this one supposed to be an early or late model?
Looks good! Unfortunately I don’t own a LX so I can’t help you there.

This may help with determining if you have an early or late version:

LX Camera Film Bodies

Phil.