Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2014, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #2326
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Hi, my name is Colton, and I have a problem.
Very nice MF collection! I still like the Holga your daughter customized, brilliant!

Phil.

11-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #2327
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Shipping from Germany would probably make it fairly uneconomical
You could list it in the classifieds here and see if there is any interest.
And answer questions on what exactly it is (condition, function, ...)... that's already too much work for my lazy self.
I haven't even gotten around to listing all the non-crap gear that I've decided to sell...
11-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #2328
Forum Member

how much would the shipping be to colombia?
11-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #2329
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JuanEstrada Quote
how much would the shipping be to colombia?
The same.
I don't know if some other company would be cheaper (most only ship to the EU and it's neighbours) but trying to find out would interfere with the action-oriented expression of my lazyness and thereby undermine the introjective self-justification of my offer...*

*I get to read Habermas at university and you get to share my pain...

11-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #2330
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
It seem I have a real problem then:
1) Yashica Lynx 5000 S/N L 11 7123018 1969
89) 1958 Canon “P” Range-finder (S/N 17740)
Well, I am beaten ... and guess who is going to show this list to his (sometimes complaining) wife ! J
11-12-2014, 12:09 AM   #2331
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Well, I am beaten ... and guess who is going to show this list to his (sometimes complaining) wife ! J
Are you sure you want to give her a practical demonstration of how things could get >worse< ?
11-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #2332
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Are you sure you want to give her a practical demonstration of how things could get >worse< ?
Maybe not now ...
11-12-2014, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #2333
Site Supporter

I went to the Nantes swap/expo on Sunday and picked up a few goodies which I will share later.

Here's a few snaps and it was a "small" swap for a big city like Nantes. I was bit disappointed, but it was my first time to go there.

11-12-2014, 03:06 AM - 1 Like   #2334
Veteran Member

you Franzosi are soo forward!!!
11-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #2335
Site Supporter

Another score from my trip to Nantes swap ... I talked the vendor down to 8€ because the aperture was stuck wide open. Not everyday one gets an ausJena for this price point!

Took me about 30 minutes, but I freed and fixed the aperture. Also temporarily made the lens full manual via the hollow Q-tip trick, because I lost the ball bearing for the Auto/man switch ...argh!

No biggie, I like it this way and maybe I will find the minuscule ball bearing later on my hardwood floor ... ha! (xpost)

11-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #2336

That's making me want to fish my Praktica LLC out.

For some reason it came with a CZJ 50mm f2.8 rather than a Pentacon Electric, so I've no idea whether the open aperture metering works. I had to clean a mushroom farm out of the lens and the self timer doesn't work, but the test roll I put through it (mostly using Sunny 16) came back fine. Paid about the same for it as you did for yours!
11-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #2337
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dangermouse Quote
That's making me want to fish my Praktica LLC out.

For some reason it came with a CZJ 50mm f2.8 rather than a Pentacon Electric, so I've no idea whether the open aperture metering works. I had to clean a mushroom farm out of the lens and the self timer doesn't work, but the test roll I put through it (mostly using Sunny 16) came back fine. Paid about the same for it as you did for yours!
I do not know if my meter works ... I popped a battery in but the contact is too corroded and I got "zero" reading ... Need to clean/repair this soon and find out. I was too excited and concentrated on the Jena 50 ... J
11-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #2338
Site Supporter

I went to the Nantes swap/expo on Sunday and picked up a few goodies which I will share later.

Here's a few snaps and it was a "small" swap for a big city like Nantes. I was bit disappointed, but it was my first time to go there.

I want...I want all...I want all NOW...

Steve
11-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #2339
Site Supporter

A weird Nantes swap "mis-match" out of an under-the-table junk bin ... a 10€ gamble.

Tried to talk the seller down, but no go ... 10€ is 10€. The body was in great shape and the Helios worked fine. No battery to test the meter so a "gamble" ...

Got home and plopped in a battery and the meter "works" (somewhat sluggishly) ... but I am a sucker for these Icarex bricks. Love that focus screen ... J

11-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #2340

I do not know if my meter works ... I popped a battery in but the contact is too corroded and I got "zero" reading ... Need to clean/repair this soon and find out. I was too excited and concentrated on the Jena 50 ... J
Mine had lost one of its battery contacts, strange as that was the only damage to the camera. I made a replacement from a spring and soldered it to the remains of the original, it's a little bit too long as the battery is hard to remove.

I was advised that a AA would be fine, and sure enough the meter reads correctly. However, it's such a fiddle to use stop-down metering on the LLC that I usually just guess the settings.