Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9445 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #2836
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Here is some old Pentax history from the 70'ties. Many have the KX as their favorite k-Mount from that time and really like the performance of this camera. It was produced from 1975 and to 1977. There was the standard chrome version and a black version. But it was also possible to purchase a motor drive version as a special order. According to what I have found, the motor drive version is not very common.

The ergonomics of this package isn't the best. It is heavy, about 1,8kg, and the gun style trigger on the battery grip is weird. It is possible to detach the battery grip and attach it to the motor via a special cable. Does anyone have such a cable?

Well enjoy, I really like this setup.
The motor drive is similar to, maybe the same as the one offered for the LX

05-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #2837
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cameraniac Quote
I love the back of the Retina. Nice collection!
Agreed. That back is quite classy. TFS, J
05-20-2015, 10:24 AM   #2838

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Agreed. That back is quite classy. TFS, J
There's the term that I was searching for ... "classy".
05-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #2839

I love the back of the Retina. Nice collection!
Yeah i agree with the others too. Its just a classy camera all over.
Because the lens folds into it i don't use a carry case and its so small it fits into the palm of your hand. Fits in your pocket easily.
Compact and very classy is exactly how i would describe it. (Just found this photo on the net to show you what i mean and its size.)

I have 3 of them. The one in the Photo is one i have done some test shots through, and i sill have to do the other 2. When ive worked out which one i want to keep, I will be selling the other 2.
If anyone is interested they can send me a message (Located in Australia if that helps.)

Attached Images

05-20-2015, 04:16 PM   #2840
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
On the KX motor Drive. It is derived from the motor drives of the Asahi Pentax Spotmatic and ES cameras. It is called the Motor Drive II. All motor drives that came after this (K2 DMD, MX and LX) had a totally different motor drive system.

What I'm looking for though is the motor drive version of the KM. Now that is VERY rare.

Regards

Chris
05-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #2841
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventhdr Quote
On the KX motor Drive. It is derived from the motor drives of the Asahi Pentax Spotmatic and ES cameras. It is called the Motor Drive II. All motor drives that came after this (K2 DMD, MX and LX) had a totally different motor drive system.

What I'm looking for though is the motor drive version of the KM. Now that is VERY rare.

Regards

Chris
I wish I could find the motordrive for my K2DMD but it's basically impossible.
05-20-2015, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #2842

QuoteOriginally posted by Direbear Quote
Yeah i agree with the others too. Its just a classy camera all over.
Because the lens folds into it i don't use a carry case and its so small it fits into the palm of your hand. Fits in your pocket easily.
Compact and very classy is exactly how i would describe it. (Just found this photo on the net to show you what i mean and its size.)

I have 3 of them. The one in the Photo is one i have done some test shots through, and i sill have to do the other 2. When ive worked out which one i want to keep, I will be selling the other 2.
If anyone is interested they can send me a message (Located in Australia if that helps.)
I had no idea that the Retina was that compact. Thanks for posting the picture.

05-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #2843

That's the Retina 1a.

Don't get it confused with the Retinette 1a or 1b ( Those are the Left and the middle Camera in the photo of the 3.) The one on the right is the Retina Reflex (SLR type)
05-21-2015, 12:17 AM - 1 Like   #2844
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[IMG][/IMG]

And it is full frame!
05-21-2015, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #2845
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I wish I could find the motordrive for my K2DMD but it's basically impossible.
I found my motor for K2DMD on shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=889257&u=523490&m=66875&urllink=keh.com. It was not very expensive. The K2DMD also came with a data back, never seen one of those..

---------- Post added 05-21-2015 at 11:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by seventhdr Quote

Regards

Chris
Hm yes the KM is rare in the MD version.

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
The motor drive for this is completely different than the one found on the LX. The MD version on KM and KX is based on the one sold with Spotmatic models. There were at that point, two different motor drives, model I, marked with stock number 7001, and the model II, with stock number 70054. Each model had a special battery grip. One must take care to make sure that the motor drive fits the camera and that the battery grip fits the motor drive. One could damage the electrical circuits if one mixes the different models.

The batteries for the motor is no longer available. It was a large, ten cell NiCad loaf. An adapter for regular batteries were available, but they are not often seen for sale. It is possible to use two Varta 5/V500RH, but they are really expensive (if you can find those anymore?) It is also possible to use some Hasselblad adapter as well.

One could add to this accessories like radio control, plug in power supply, relay box and a timer. Never seen those but…
05-21-2015, 04:47 AM   #2846

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
[/url][/IMG]

And it is full frame!
Are you sure that's not a Minox copy? lol!
05-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #2847
Pentaxian

The Terry Richardson camera, so I found out later ...

A super thrift store score for 2€. Just needed a new battery ...

05-26-2015, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #2848
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have just put a 36 Ektar through the Olympus 35SP bought from another member here. Shown with it's smaller brother, Trip.
05-26-2015, 05:52 AM   #2849
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Olympus certainly made some handy, uncluttered carry-along 35mm cameras.
05-27-2015, 09:24 AM   #2850
Pentaxian

Nothing earth shattering here. Just a 5€ thrift store score in "like new" condition with live batteries. (See "5" written on lens) ... just needs door seals.

The case is brown leather and looks great after a bit of shoe polish ... one for the personal collection, for sure.

But I have a question for y'all. There's a "bar code" type sticker on the bottom. Has anyone seen something similar? Just curious ...