Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #2851
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I ended up selling it in less than a day, but here's a quick snap I took of the silvered R58mm 1.2 Rokkor on a Minolta body before I sent it out for those who wanted to see it:
Ohhhhh! That is nice, so very nice! I particularly like the color contrast on the "PG" for the lens name. The turquoise is just too nice.

Steve

05-12-2015, 01:49 PM - 2 Likes   #2852

Photos: Gallery
Scored this little guy at a pawn shop last winter for $20. Action is very springy and is a joy to shoot with.

05-12-2015, 02:55 PM   #2853
Veteran Member

I already liked these early K1000SE with brown leatherette, very late 70s colour...but this month I already invested my budget for cheap cameras in mint (or it looks) Praktica MTL50.
05-13-2015, 07:16 AM   #2854

http://instagram.com/p/2mD71eFow7/‏
I picked up a K2 yesterday for £20 (about $30), looks to be working, even the batteries are still good. I was looking for a lens cap for an old rangefinder and came across the ad where the seller had a few things, no idea of value, so I made an offer. It's a bit heavier than the MX or Super Program!

05-13-2015, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #2855
Site Supporter

Cheap p0rn. My latest thrift store find ... a "like new" Yashica Electro 35 CC with a good battery and a generic cap. For 4€ as written on view finder ... good to have an "Easy Clean Pen" handy. What a stupid place to put a price ... ever heard of stickers?

I cannot get the "over/under" meter to respond, but I think that is a bad connection with the battery. Anyway, everything else works and can shoot Sunny 16 with it. And what a wild looking aperture when stopping it down by steps ... xpost

Edit : After fiddling a bit, I now have the under exposure warning signal (a yellow arrow) working in the view finder. The shutter button which triggers it is a bit "touchy" ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 05-13-2015 at 08:43 AM. Reason: ... it's working !
05-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #2856

What a beauty, Jean.
05-13-2015, 10:07 AM   #2857
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
What a beauty, Jean.
Thanks. I got lucky, again.

I am really impressed how well Yashica gear "ages" ... my Mat 124G is great ... plus the Electro 35 GSN, despite it's rough-handled cosmetic flaws.
05-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #2858
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Thanks. I got lucky, again.

I am really impressed how well Yashica gear "ages" ... my Mat 124G is great ... plus the Electro 35 GSN, despite it's rough-handled cosmetic flaws.
If that's "Magic Marker" or equivalent on the window, rub gently with alcohol and be patient, keep at it.

05-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #2859
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
If that's "Magic Marker" or equivalent on the window, rub gently with alcohol and be patient, keep at it.
Thanks. I already removed it with the 3M "Easy Clean" pen, which is "citrus" based, I think.

It works quite well. Highly recommended.
05-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #2860
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Johnny Rod Quote
I picked up a K2 yesterday for £20 (about $30), looks to be working, even the batteries are still good. I was looking for a lens cap for an old rangefinder and came across the ad where the seller had a few things, no idea of value, so I made an offer. It's a bit heavier than the MX or Super Program!
The link fails but even so a K2 for £20 is a bargain. You might have problems with the ISO dial though. See other recent-ish threads on the K2.

K.
05-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #2861
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Johnny Rod Quote
That's certainly a bargain. I paid around four times that for each of mine and they both need CLAs. In my experience with the K2, the ISO dial is the least of your worries.
05-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #2862
Veteran Member

It's arrived...almost mint Praktica MTL 50 1st series:

Still have to test it but it looks brand new and feels very '85...
05-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #2863
Loyal Site Supporter

The Contax-S shutter release position is the most interesting feature.
05-14-2015, 02:59 PM   #2864
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
The Contax-S shutter release position is the most interesting feature.
From an ergonomic point of view the camera is pretty peculiar, besides the fact that that Zeiss Ikon Dresden became Pentacon (so we can say the Praktica is the legitimate scion of the Contax S), the position of the DOF lever makes you grab the camera like a old Contax rangefinder, inside the finder there is another lever that informs you when you advance the film (so you know you are ready to shoot) and on the back there is a quickload device similar to the one Canon used on the FTB.

Oh, the triple slanted split image is also a VERY good idea...I'm eager to see how it performs with film.
05-15-2015, 02:07 AM   #2865

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
The link fails but even so a K2 for £20 is a bargain. You might have problems with the ISO dial though. See other recent-ish threads on the K2.

K.
Oops will see if I can upload something then, but it looks much like any other K2 with a chrome top! I tried out the metering vs. Pocket Light Meter app and it seemed okay but it was a quick try. Since then I've found that the lens barrel is loose, and also the aperture doesn't close past f8 despite the ring continuing to click up to f22, so God knows what the metering is really like. I'll try to fix those but can use another lens in the meantime. I'll check out the ISO ring, it was a pain to adjust to 400, seemed to not want to go the last click but did in the end; I tried my best to be gentle with it!

Yes it was a total bargain, I knew my wife was going to laugh at me for buying yet another camera so it had to be worth that!