Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2015, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #2881
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 13
Fuji ST705 black body with 50mm Fujinon f/1.4
Fuji ST705 chrome body with 28mm Vivitar f/2.5

https://flic.kr/p/8XUszu

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G11  Photo 
05-18-2015, 12:39 AM   #2882
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
Neat camera, is the Fujinon 1.4 so much better than the 55mm f1,8 as the extortive price of certain ebay auction would make us believe?
05-18-2015, 01:16 AM   #2883
Pentaxian
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Cheap p0rn. My latest thrift store find ... a "like new" Yashica Electro 35 CC with a good battery and a generic cap. For 4 as written on view finder ... good to have an "Easy Clean Pen" handy. What a stupid place to put a price ... ever heard of stickers?

I cannot get the "over/under" meter to respond, but I think that is a bad connection with the battery. Anyway, everything else works and can shoot Sunny 16 with it. And what a wild looking aperture when stopping it down by steps ... xpost

Edit : After fiddling a bit, I now have the under exposure warning signal (a yellow arrow) working in the view finder. The shutter button which triggers it is a bit "touchy" ...




Nice! A very well regarded lens on that and a bit hard to find at a reasonable price also. Well done.
05-18-2015, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #2884
Senior Member
cameraniac's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 104
I wasn't sure if eBay links are allowed in this thread but thought I'd take the risk and post a link to an auction that I won last night.

The lot was not described in detail so buying was, in itself, a little risky. I might have paid a little much but since the auction contained a few goodies that my collection lacks, like a few of the lens' and the body, I couldn't resist.

Later on, I will try and post some better pics of my small collection.

Complete Pentax Asahi SL Camera Kit with 4 Lenses Carrying Case More | eBay

05-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #2885
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
QuoteOriginally posted by cameraniac Quote
I wasn't sure if eBay links are allowed in this thread but thought I'd take the risk and post a link to an auction that I won last night.

The lot was not described in detail so buying was, in itself, a little risky. I might have paid a little much but since the auction contained a few goodies that my collection lacks, like a few of the lens' and the body, I couldn't resist.

Later on, I will try and post some better pics of my small collection.
If they are as nice as they look in the photos, you have made a good buy there. A couple of the lenses, complete with box, case and hood, would reach that on their own. Fingers crossed it is as good as it looks. K.
05-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #2886
Senior Member
cameraniac's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 104
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
If they are as nice as they look in the photos, you have made a good buy there. A couple of the lenses, complete with box, case and hood, would reach that on their own. Fingers crossed it is as good as it looks. K.
Thanks, Womble. I'm pretty excited about this one.
05-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #2887
Marketplace Reseller
dcshooter's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,110
It's a very nice lens, but I chalk the elevated price up to its comparative rarity next to the more common Takumars.

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Neat camera, is the Fujinon 1.4 so much better than the 55mm f1,8 as the extortive price of certain ebay auction would make us believe?
05-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #2888
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by cameraniac Quote
I wasn't sure if eBay links are allowed in this thread but thought I'd take the risk and post a link to an auction that I won last night.

The lot was not described in detail so buying was, in itself, a little risky. I might have paid a little much but since the auction contained a few goodies that my collection lacks, like a few of the lens' and the body, I couldn't resist.

Later on, I will try and post some better pics of my small collection.

Complete Pentax Asahi SL Camera Kit with 4 Lenses Carrying Case More | eBay
You're a luck bastard!

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
It's a very nice lens, but I chalk the elevated price up to its comparative rarity next to the more common Takumars.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll go to take the prints of the last spree shooting of the weekend with the small Fujica system I put together later after work and if I'm happy I'll look for other Fujinon lenses, for sure the ST705 is a little jewel, a worthy opponent of the Spottie F for the title of best M42 body ever.

05-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #2889
Senior Member
cameraniac's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 104
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
You're a luck bastard!
05-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #2890
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,376
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Nice! A very well regarded lens on that and a bit hard to find at a reasonable price also. Well done.
Thanks. I stalk my thrift store and sometimes it pays off well ...

I have a roll of Ilford 100 in it now for the initial "test" run ... a fun rangefinder.

---------- Post added 05-18-15 at 17:40 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cameraniac Quote
I wasn't sure if eBay links are allowed in this thread but thought I'd take the risk and post a link to an auction that I won last night.

The lot was not described in detail so buying was, in itself, a little risky. I might have paid a little much but since the auction contained a few goodies that my collection lacks, like a few of the lens' and the body, I couldn't resist.

Later on, I will try and post some better pics of my small collection.

Complete Pentax Asahi SL Camera Kit with 4 Lenses Carrying Case More | eBay
I would say that you did QUITE well ... enjoy 'em all. J
05-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #2891
Senior Member
cameraniac's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 104
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Thanks. I stalk my thrift store and sometimes it pays off well ...

I have a roll of Ilford 100 in it now for the initial "test" run ... a fun rangefinder.

---------- Post added 05-18-15 at 17:40 ----------



I would say that you did QUITE well ... enjoy 'em all. J
Thanks, Jean. It does somewhat resemble a treasure chest ... doesn't it?
05-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #2892
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 13
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Neat camera, is the Fujinon 1.4 so much better than the 55mm f1,8 as the extortive price of certain ebay auction would make us believe?
It was better for me because I needed the extra light gathering of the f/1.4 and I needed the 50mm focal length because 55mm was too long for my shooting style.
05-19-2015, 12:25 AM   #2893
Senior Member
EJMzagsfan's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 240
I found a voigtlander vito 2 for 10 bucs at an antique store, it took me awhile to figure out the shutter wouldnt work without film inserted. It seems to work well, but I didn't change the light seals in my hast so the results aught to be interesting at the very least.

05-19-2015, 06:04 AM   #2894
Senior Member
cameraniac's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 104
QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
I found a voigtlander vito 2 for 10 bucs at an antique store, it took me awhile to figure out the shutter wouldnt work without film inserted. It seems to work well, but I didn't change the light seals in my hast so the results aught to be interesting at the very least.
I've always been intrigued by the Vito II. Never realized how small they were until seeing the one in your hand. Smaller than my Vitessa T.

$10.00 seems like a good deal!

Last edited by cameraniac; 05-19-2015 at 06:11 AM.
05-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #2895
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,376
More "low buck" p0rn ... for a fiver (see lens cover) from my thrift store and in great shape. (xpost)

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645n, af, bronica, camera, chris, ebay, eric, f2.8, fa, film, flickr, lens, mx, nettar, p3, p30t, pentax, photography magazine, post, praktica, retina, shutter, site, store, stuff, swap, test, thrift, tools, winder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Keeper" Lens Club -- You'll regret it if you sell it. vandamro Lens Clubs 92 09-18-2016 10:09 PM
Is it safe to share my personal collection of K-01 lens p0rn? elpolodiablo Pentax K-01 41 03-01-2013 11:16 AM
If you aren't using it, zip it up! The Jannie Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 09-16-2011 04:35 PM
You've got to love technology and it's mindlessness mtansley General Talk 6 07-24-2011 05:43 PM
Cityscape Got one I'd like to see what you can do with it photolady95 Photo Critique 9 06-25-2011 01:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top