Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2015, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #3091
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yard sale picks,
Yashica-C TLR with original case and book, and NIB Cortland P&S 135

I prefer the knob wind TLR, the crank wind is just clumsy for me to use. I had to free up the shutter, it was sticky.
I normally disassemble and clean it with naptha, but on a hunch, I bought an aerosol can of automotive brake cleaner. It power washed all the old grease out and leaves no residue. If you use this, be sure to remove all the glass first. Worked GREAT!!!

07-31-2015, 04:31 AM   #3092
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Unfortunately, I only have one K lens . . . so far.
You've started at the top, however.
07-31-2015, 07:46 AM   #3093
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Karénine Quote
My collection is still a small one compared to yours but I think it's time for me to stop buying and take a good amount of time experimenting with each lens
Very well said. I often find myself somewhat carried away with buying, storing, and maintaining a collection of cameras and lenses while ignoring for long periods the original reason I acquired them. Collecting may be a type of pastime in itself, but thanks for reminding us to put them to use and enjoy creating photographs.

---------- Post added 07-31-15 at 10:49 AM ----------

Unfortunately, I only have one K lens . . . so far.
Yeah, maybe the best "one". Produces a rendering like nothing since.
07-31-2015, 10:08 AM   #3094
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kxjiru Quote
These all came in the mail today and I am overwhelmed by the weight. Konica AutoReflex T with a 57mm 1.8, an OM-4T, Nikon FT3 with an AI'd 50mm f2 and a Konica AR 100mm 2.8 that I'm going g to keep even though I dislike Konica bodies. Attachment 277050 Attachment 277051Attachment 277052Attachment 277053
I am a fan of the OM4's metering. I believe it is the only true spot meter of the manual focus camera era. I believe all the other spot meters were a bit on the fat side.

---------- Post added 07-31-15 at 01:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
Yard sale picks,
Yashica-C TLR with original case and book, and NIB Cortland P&S 135

I prefer the knob wind TLR, the crank wind is just clumsy for me to use. I had to free up the shutter, it was sticky.
I normally disassemble and clean it with naptha, but on a hunch, I bought an aerosol can of automotive brake cleaner. It power washed all the old grease out and leaves no residue. If you use this, be sure to remove all the glass first. Worked GREAT!!!
Very nice TLR and case. Great that you got it back to operational condition.

BTW, now that you washed out the old grease, won't you need to put some back?

07-31-2015, 10:23 AM - 3 Likes   #3095
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A beautiful S-M-C Takumar 35mm f/2 arrived this morning with original caps and lens hood.

07-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #3096
Veteran Member

Very nice TLR and case. Great that you got it back to operational condition.

BTW, now that you washed out the old grease, won't you need to put some back?
I considered that. I don't think so. These shutters were all way overgreased, which is why they end up being locked up and sticky. I have disassembled several of these and they actually run just fine perfectly dry. The spray washes out the excess old grease, and leaves no residue, of it's own. However it does leave dissolved grease in the areas of contact.
That slight film of grease is more than plenty to keep the works running smoothly.
07-31-2015, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #3097
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For anyone on this thread who is truly a collector, advanced notice that I will soon be listing an SMCA 400 f5.6 with case, both in near mint condition.

07-31-2015, 03:41 PM   #3098
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
A beautiful S-M-C Takumar 35mm f/2 arrived this morning with original caps and lens hood.
Me...want...one.
07-31-2015, 04:02 PM   #3099
Veteran Member

So I bought a medium format the other day, collecting it was quite the debacle (car breakdowns, and other stuff happening)

But eventually it got home.

Agfa Billy Record 7.7

Apologies for the awful pics from my phone, but i'm feeling lazy this morning....... especially since I now need to go out and fix the stupid car.
07-31-2015, 08:22 PM   #3100
Veteran Member

Bummer about the car breakdown.
I hope your Billy has the leather bellows, not the crappy plastic over cloth bellows like my Billy II.

I tried patching that POS bellows with silicone, shoe polish, etc etc, and finally gave up and sent it to Jeurgen and got a CLA with new leather bellows. I use the Billy for color 6x9, and my Rolfix for B&W. These are a lot of fun, and can take some awesome pictures! 6x9 is a huge negative compared to 135!

QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
So I bought a medium format the other day, collecting it was quite the debacle (car breakdowns, and other stuff happening)

But eventually it got home.

Agfa Billy Record 7.7

Apologies for the awful pics from my phone, but i'm feeling lazy this morning....... especially since I now need to go out and fix the stupid car.
07-31-2015, 09:16 PM - 1 Like   #3101
Veteran Member

Bummer about the car breakdown.
I hope your Billy has the leather bellows, not the crappy plastic over cloth bellows like my Billy II.

I tried patching that POS bellows with silicone, shoe polish, etc etc, and finally gave up and sent it to Jeurgen and got a CLA with new leather bellows. I use the Billy for color 6x9, and my Rolfix for B&W. These are a lot of fun, and can take some awesome pictures! 6x9 is a huge negative compared to 135!

The inside of the bellows looks like some kind of felt.
The outside some kind of leather/plastic...

So I fear I might have the ones you're talking about..

In saying that, these ones look in pretty good condition, the interior of the bellows are perfect, the exterior is ok for it's age.
Most importantly, I can't see a single pinpoint of light when I shine a bright light at them, so they seem to be tight for now.

And the car runs again now, I've just spent the morning putting in a new fuel pump.
08-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #3102
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
For anyone on this thread who is truly a collector, advanced notice that I will soon be listing an SMCA 400 f5.6 with case, both in near mint condition.
Selling from the forums is supposed to be a no-no.

That being said, the usual strategy is to post the picture and lament that it will soon be gone to make room for another lens.

Steve
08-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #3103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
The inside of the bellows looks like some kind of felt.
The outside some kind of leather/plastic...

So I fear I might have the ones you're talking about..

In saying that, these ones look in pretty good condition, the interior of the bellows are perfect, the exterior is ok for it's age.
Most importantly, I can't see a single pinpoint of light when I shine a bright light at them, so they seem to be tight for now.

And the car runs again now, I've just spent the morning putting in a new fuel pump.
Fuel pump, yep, I have done a few of those.
OK, well then take some pictures!! :-)
08-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #3104
Veteran Member

Fuel pump, yep, I have done a few of those.
OK, well then take some pictures!! :-)

Same.

Unfortunately since it's in a strange place on my car I needed to remove half the interior, and a rollcage.
Then had to wire up a different plug.... and find some connectors that would be safe in petrol.

Turned a 15min job into a good few hours.
08-04-2015, 12:14 AM - 1 Like   #3105
Veteran Member

three mamiya 645 lenses. 55mm F2.8, 80mm F2.8 and 150mm F4.