Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #3571
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I'm interested in that Amedeo adapter.
You can buy through cameraquest or direct from Amedeo on eBay. Here are a few links:

More about the adapter

Amedeo's store on eBay

Cameraquest Store Listing

Steve

10-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #3572
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It handles and feels much the same as if it were mounted to a Contax or Kiev. The focus direction is the same, as is the stand-off from the body.
Is that the S or C version of Amedeo, or does it really matter? (I'm assuming it's the C version.

---------- Post added 10-18-15 at 04:34 PM ----------

You can buy through cameraquest or direct from Amedeo on eBay. Here are a few links:

More about the adapter

Amedeo's store on eBay

Cameraquest Store Listing

Steve
Thanks -those are the three pages I had up already in fact. Good call.
10-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #3573
Site Supporter

Is that the S or C version of Amedeo, or does it really matter? (I'm assuming it's the C version.
"C" version...

You might also be interested in Brian Sweeney's conversion:

Rangefinderforum.com - View Single Post - Helios-103 on a Canon P?

Thread hijack over (I think)...We now return you to your previously scheduled gear p0rn...

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-18-2015 at 04:58 PM.
10-18-2015, 04:51 PM   #3574
Site Supporter

"C" version...

You might also be interested in Brian Sweeney's conversion:

Rangefinderforum.com - View Single Post - Helios-103 on a Canon P?

Steve
That's awesome and completely bananas.

10-18-2015, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #3575
Pentaxian

Colton takes the prize. I will e-mail him the trophy.

Steve
What's my trophy?
10-18-2015, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #3576
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
What's my trophy?
You did not get it? I will have to initiate a trace...give it a week...

Steve
10-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #3577
Site Supporter

Because you didn't ask for it.... As unscientific as you'll ever see (I expect nothing less from myself).. I shot 2 comparison shots using these two players. A magical view of my coffee table and portion of living room sets the scene.

The players:

The (crappy, handheld in lowlight) results. Both were shot on Provia 100F @ F2.5.

Bessa R3M / Color-Skopar 35/2.5

Pentax MZ-3 / FA 31/1.8 Ltd
10-19-2015, 12:35 AM   #3578
Pentaxian

Because you didn't ask for it.... As unscientific as you'll ever see (I expect nothing less from myself).. I shot 2 comparison shots using these two players. A magical view of my coffee table and portion of living room sets the scene.

The players:

The (crappy, handheld in lowlight) results. Both were shot on Provia 100F @ F2.5.

Bessa R3M / Color-Skopar 35/2.5

Pentax MZ-3 / FA 31/1.8 Ltd
The Pentax shot looks better to me, but I'm not sure why.

That all-black MZ-3 is very handsome indeed.

10-19-2015, 01:11 AM   #3579
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some people are mysteriously convinced the Helios 103 is a Summicron IV copy, but the facts are that the Helios came out one year before the Leitz lens and it was one of the last of the Helios lineage (Helios= Soviet "trademark" for symmetric double gauss design)...the 103 is basically speaking the rangefinder version of the 81 that was already in production in Kiev Arsenal at the time of the introduction of the Kiev 17.
10-19-2015, 01:49 AM   #3580
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Some people are mysteriously convinced the Helios 103 is a Summicron IV copy, but the facts are that the Helios came out one year before the Leitz lens and it was one of the last of the Helios lineage (Helios= Soviet "trademark" for symmetric double gauss design)...the 103 is basically speaking the rangefinder version of the 81 that was already in production in Kiev Arsenal at the time of the introduction of the Kiev 17.
I've read and heard a number of musings about it.... All I know for fact is I adore it's rendering in the short while I've gotten to know it. Prefer it head and shoulders over the Industar and Jupiters I have. Haven't done any technical or non-technical image-for-image comparisons of similar subjects or times with other 50-ish lenses I have in other mounts but my feeling is it would do well - all I know is the shots that come back out of the Kiev are consistently in the "very pleasing" category when I'm reviewing scans.

---------- Post added 10-19-15 at 01:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
The Pentax shot looks better to me, but I'm not sure why.

That all-black MZ-3 is very handsome indeed.
I'm on the fence but I do lean that way. That said, the Skopar is far contrastier than I was expecting. Very pleased with it. Particularly so seeing that it was 1/3 the cost and is 1/4 the size/weight of the 31... apples and oranges in many ways of course, but is still a footnote at least.
10-19-2015, 02:49 AM   #3581
Site Supporter

A new 100/2.5 for the X-700 ... This rebuilds part of the kit that was stolen from our Paris apartment so long ago. But I will probably never replace the beloved 85/2 ... unless I find a great swap/trade deal.

I also figured out my Judas window problem on this X-700. I removed the prism cover name plate and saw the tiny reflecting mirror (about 3mm x 4mm) had separated completely from its holding bracket. Removed the inner Judas window assembly and re-glued the mirror. I put it all back together and all is AOK now. Happy camper now.

10-19-2015, 03:22 AM   #3582
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I also figured out my Judas window problem on this X-700. I removed the prism cover name plate and saw the tiny reflecting mirror (about 3mm x 4mm) had separated completely from its holding bracket. Removed the inner Judas window assembly and re-glued the mirror. I put it all back together and all is AOK now. Happy camper now.
Very satisfying when you can fix a problem like that isn't it. I just fixed the lens indexing on my latest Nikkormat FT2 by also removing the nameplate, then adjusting and lubing the mechanism..
10-19-2015, 04:46 AM   #3583
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Very satisfying when you can fix a problem like that isn't it. I just fixed the lens indexing on my latest Nikkormat FT2 by also removing the nameplate, then adjusting and lubing the mechanism..
Yes, indeed. Quite satisfying ... and bravo for the Nikkormat. J
10-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #3584

Hi guys !

Does one of you know if a KX would fit properly in a Spotmatic case ? I've located some original KX case but people won't sell it without the cameras. From what I understand, the KX and KM had the same case. I have two original cases for Pentax cameras, one for the K1000 and one for the K2. The K1000 one is really thin and although I glued it is falling apart, the K2 one is made of hard leather and feels really solid. Of which kind is the KX/KM case ?
10-19-2015, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #3585
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Karénine Quote
Hi guys !

Does one of you know if a KX would fit properly in a Spotmatic case ? I've located some original KX case but people won't sell it without the cameras. From what I understand, the KX and KM had the same case. I have two original cases for Pentax cameras, one for the K1000 and one for the K2. The K1000 one is really thin and although I glued it is falling apart, the K2 one is made of hard leather and feels really solid. Of which kind is the KX/KM case ?
The Spotmatic has a different case than the KX/KM, which shared the same case. This case was also used for the original 1976 MIJ K1000.

The K2/K2DMD had a different soft EverReady case. All the K Series cases are made of the same material. (The dedicated case for the later K1000s is more square looking, smaller and different material)

Phil.