Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9422 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2016, 02:44 AM   #4006

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
So the pictured one is a model "S" just as mine was.
I don't know screw mont cameras but mine has not "S" engraved on the top and the shutter speed is 1/500 so I guess it is a AP.

03-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #4007
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Juventino Quote
I don't know screw mont cameras but mine has not "S" engraved on the top and the shutter speed is 1/500 so I guess it is a AP.
Both S and Ap have 500 as min shutter time. But since it lacks the engraving, it must be the Ap. Although I have seen a photo of an S without the engraving. Because one more item distinguish Ap from S and that is the shutter speed sequence.

The S follow the more industry standard for speeds, 500, 250 125. The Ap had 500, 200, 100.
03-25-2016, 07:41 AM   #4008

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Both S and Ap have 500 as min shutter time. But since it lacks the engraving, it must be the Ap. Although I have seen a photo of an S without the engraving. Because one more item distinguish Ap from S and that is the shutter speed sequence.

The S follow the more industry standard for speeds, 500, 250 125. The Ap had 500, 200, 100.
Thank you for this information. I will check it when I come back home.

Update: It has these 500, 200, 100 shutter speeds, so it's an AP.

It's nice to see that most of film SLR followed this design

Last edited by Juventino; 03-26-2016 at 04:31 AM.
03-26-2016, 09:02 AM - 4 Likes   #4009
Pentaxian

This is what I've been shooting with for the last couple of days, loaded with Acros.

P30 with M 35mm f/2
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

03-27-2016, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #4010
Veteran Member

Hi, My name is Jussi and I'm a gear collector. Two weeks ago my step brother gave me his Olympus OM-1n with the 1.8 50, the super rare 28-48mm f/4 zuiko, and the common 75-150m f/4 zuiko.

I have put film in the camera, good Tri-X, but have not taken any photographs. I have not mounted the zuikos on a NEX either.

Yesterday, I woke up from a nightmare: I was using the OM1, or sometimes it was a ST605, or a Spotmatic; a manual metering camera where you have to turn the meter on. I dreamt I forgot to turn the meter on, and when I turned it on and attempted to meter, I could not see the needle. I tried, against the northern sky, taking my glasses off, nothing. I tried it with the cameras I mentioned, just to make sure, and I could not see the meter needle on any of them.

And I am sitting here putzing around the internet and scanning 40 year old negatives, instead of being out taking pictures.

I have had color film in my Rolleicord for months now and have not taken a photo with it.

Clearly, I am not in recovery
03-27-2016, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #4011
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Hi, My name is Jussi and I'm a gear collector. Two weeks ago my step brother gave me his Olympus OM-1n with the 1.8 50, the super rare 28-48mm f/4 zuiko, and the common 75-150m f/4 zuiko.

I have put film in the camera, good Tri-X, but have not taken any photographs. I have not mounted the zuikos on a NEX either.

Yesterday, I woke up from a nightmare: I was using the OM1, or sometimes it was a ST605, or a Spotmatic; a manual metering camera where you have to turn the meter on. I dreamt I forgot to turn the meter on, and when I turned it on and attempted to meter, I could not see the needle. I tried, against the northern sky, taking my glasses off, nothing. I tried it with the cameras I mentioned, just to make sure, and I could not see the meter needle on any of them.

And I am sitting here putzing around the internet and scanning 40 year old negatives, instead of being out taking pictures.

I have had color film in my Rolleicord for months now and have not taken a photo with it.

Which is a shame because you have taken some great photos. Fit that 28-48 to your new OM-1, head over to Manhattan and don't come back until you've finished the roll....

K.
03-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #4012
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Which is a shame because you have taken some great photos. Fit that 28-48 to your new OM-1, head over to Manhattan and don't come back until you've finished the roll....

K.
I think I could finish a roll in about five minutes flat in Manhattan....

If it were 6x6 then maybe ten.

03-27-2016, 06:32 PM - 2 Likes   #4013
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My grandfather's 6x9 Kodak Vollenda...and a recent pic with it (after cleaning).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
KODAK EASYSHARE M1033 DIGITAL CAMERA  Photo   
03-27-2016, 11:01 PM   #4014
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

My story is similar, Jussi. I have four rolls of film on the counter, all undeveloped. The beautiful Mamiya Six purchased last summer still sets on the shelf with only two shots taken on its first roll of film. The Olympus XA also has a zero-shot roll and the same is true of the Zorki 4K. I don't know how long that roll of slide film has been in the Yashica-44 and perhaps the greatest sin of all is that a half-finished roll has been in my new Bessa R3M for several months. Well perhaps not the greatest sin. There are half a dozen 4x5 sheet film holders loaded and ready to shoot in the Chamonix that have not been touched for well over a year.

Steve

(...are there any promising pharmaceuticals out there? I have been checking out FM2A prices...a nice OM1 might do though )
03-28-2016, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #4015
Veteran Member

Thank you for all the encouraging words. They mean a lot. But seems I have not sacrificed enough to the camera gods.

When I took my OM1n out to the park, I discovered the flaky shutter stuff had started all over again. The progression of this disease was - 1) mirror stays up, the thing locks up 2) mirror starts to flap but the first wind simply triggers the shutter, and the second one works except the mirror stays up. Then repeat. 3) As though magic when I had the camera at home three weeks ago, the shutter and mirror were working flawlessly. Not this time.

So OK, I have a good working OM2n and I can put the 28-48 on it this morning on my way out, some tri-x and there's a nice storm going on till noon. Only some idiot (that would be me) had left the meter on and the battery was flat, and I didn't have time to find and put in the new one.

I have the Rollei with me, and I have my emergency roll of 120 B&W at my work desk. I fear to try.

Steve - I have found I have enthusiasms that change over time and some things end up on hold till my attention comes back. In my case I hooked up my iPhone to my JBL's and started exploring Amazon Music and Spotify.

---------- Post added 03-28-2016 at 09:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by HomeMadeSin Quote
My grandfather's 6x9 Kodak Vollenda...and a recent pic with it (after cleaning).
That is a sweet, excellent photo from the heirloom. What it should be all about.
03-28-2016, 06:54 AM   #4016

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
This is what I've been shooting with for the last couple of days, loaded with Acros.

P30 with M 35mm f/2
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
I have the P30t model. Great little camera.
03-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #4017
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Into The Lens Quote
I have the P30t model. Great little camera.
Agreed! The P30/n/t are highly under-rated and except for the ISO 100 limitation for non-DX encoded canisters I consider them to be desirable bodies.

Steve
03-29-2016, 12:03 AM   #4018
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Agreed! The P30/n/t are highly under-rated and except for the ISO 100 limitation for non-DX encoded canisters I consider them to be desirable bodies.

Steve
A shortcoming that's quite easily overcome with DX stickers (I make my own as they're hard to come by these days). I have two P30s, two P30Ns and a P30T. Great cameras and very reliable, though with a nasty shutter sound.
03-29-2016, 08:13 AM - 2 Likes   #4019
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe soft core compared to some of the stuff here but . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
I found it on ebay and yes, it looks very clean. Nice copy.

Glad you got it solved.
It finally arrived and it is about as spotless as a 60 year old SLR can be. A fleck of black on the focusing screen is all, so off to Eric when he's fully recovered.

Really remarkable how tiny it is next to modern cameras, or even K body Pentaxes. I'm just going to ignore that one word 'black' in the description and enjoy my K.

Seller Photo:
Attached Images

Last edited by monochrome; 03-29-2016 at 03:18 PM.
03-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #4020
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just traded emails with Eric about my recent K - also with the zebra 1.8, and he said may as well send it now to get in line. He figures a couple months to get back to normal.