Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2016, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #4111
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Thats a really good formula to remember. Is it universal?[COLOR="Silver"]
Yes, it works with everything. Cameras, lenses, guitars, bicycles...

03-30-2016, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #4112
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You would bring up guitars when I've started itching to build another... I hardly have room to store them now. Maybe I should try an MX size guitar.
03-30-2016, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #4113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
You would bring up guitars when I've started itching to build another... I hardly have room to store them now. Maybe I should try an MX size guitar.
I built a few guitars about 14 years ago. All solidbody electric guitars. Was lots of fun.
03-31-2016, 01:17 AM   #4114
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Wow. Photo evidence please?

---------- Post added 03-31-2016 at 10:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I built a few guitars about 14 years ago. All solidbody electric guitars. Was lots of fun.
Wow, photo evidence, please?

(good reason to shoot film!)

03-31-2016, 01:18 AM - 1 Like   #4115
Site Supporter

[IMG][/IMG]
This is not one many would like to boast about, but I like it for its simplicity. No electrics, no light meter but also no interference from coupled speed and aperture rings. For a 2.8 lens, more than 4 elements just means more reflections. A 1960 model less costly than the Lynx models
03-31-2016, 10:48 AM - 3 Likes   #4116
Pentaxian

Wow, photo evidence, please?

(good reason to shoot film!)
I need to get a good film photo of it, but here's the first guitar I built.
The body is wood from a pallet that I found on a construction site I working on at the time. I think it's Red Oak and Live Oak.
The neck I bought pre-made from Warmoth Guitars because I didn't know enough to build my own neck.
It's got a Gotoh bridge and tailpiece, DiMarzzio humbuchers with series/parallel switching, and locking tuners.

03-31-2016, 03:04 PM   #4117
Marketplace Reseller

I dunno, From personal experience, I think I discovered at some point during the zero-documentation rebuild of a Plaubel Makina 670 that I am currently in the midst of that there is an upper limit to this series.

Or perhaps it was when I filled that suitcase in my closet with Spotmatic SPs (all bought for the attached lenses, of course).

Yes, it works with everything. Cameras, lenses, guitars, bicycles...
03-31-2016, 04:20 PM   #4118
Lens Buying Addict

I had too many Hardy Perfect reels.
I had too many Winchesters.
I had too many OA flaps.
I don't have too many cameras or lenses. Yet.

03-31-2016, 10:44 PM   #4119
Site Supporter

The body is wood from a pallet that I found on a construction site I working on at the time. I think it's Red Oak and Live Oak.
The neck I bought pre-made from Warmoth Guitars because I didn't know enough to build my own neck.
It's got a Gotoh bridge and tailpiece, DiMarzzio humbuchers with series/parallel switching, and locking tuners.

Beautiful

Steve
04-01-2016, 01:52 AM   #4120
Site Supporter

Wow! That looks so nice! Well done! Thanks for sharing.
04-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #4121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Beautiful

Steve
Wow! That looks so nice! Well done! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks guys
04-02-2016, 01:00 AM   #4122

Impressive! I'd love to see a colour photo of it, to see the colours in the woodwork.
04-02-2016, 06:40 AM - 2 Likes   #4123

I've probably shot at least 5 or 6 rolls through my new K and it's just a pleasure to use. I used to think the MX was special until I picked up a K. It's so minimalist, and I love it!
Attached Images

04-02-2016, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #4124
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote
I've probably shot at least 5 or 6 rolls through my new K and it's just a pleasure to use. I used to think the MX was special until I picked up a K. It's so minimalist, and I love it!
Good to see you using it. A lovely example. I have used my H2 but not my K yet. The SV is the final development of the S line, with a very smooth film advance.
04-02-2016, 08:29 AM - 2 Likes   #4125
Site Supporter

Wow. Photo evidence please?
Since you asked, and to keep in the context of this forum for camera gear pictures, here are two film SLRs 40 years apart: the AP-K, and Leica R8 (which also accepted a digital back) posed with three of my guitars. The mahogany one was the first I made, then a rosewood, and in front a koa body that I haven't gotten around to finishing. The Koa is all wood, even the bindings are Ebony.
Name:  Collections.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  622.0 KB