Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9422 Likes Search this Thread
05-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #4126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Does anybody know why cases for this Canon are so hard to find?
Nice!

I can't comment on Canon, but for some Pentax EverReady cases it's a combination of these:

1) The camera was not in production very long, so neither was the camera case.
2) The case was expensive to buy, so not many were purchased.
3) The case was not the best quality and faded/cracked easily, so many were chucked over the years.

Phil.

05-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #4127
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice!

I can't comment on Canon, but for some Pentax EverReady cases it's a combination of these:

3) The case was not the best quality and faded/cracked easily, so many were chucked over the years.

Phil.
I think you have it straight. I have been lucky to have found cases NOS for both my Super Program and Ricoh XR7, but both deteriorated quickly in use. Cheap materials new remain cheap

Steve
05-22-2016, 11:52 AM   #4128
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice!

Phil.
For Pentax it's rarely a problem unless we are talking about the K2 that was in production for a short time.

Also, the Spotmatic cases are of very good quality and increase my "tactile pleasure" to use this peculiar camera.

Nikon cases are also common, I got one for my Nikkormat that looks great, while Canon...is a problem.

I know the ones made for the FTB and the A series were in reality pressed paper with a outer layer of leather look alike, but the ones made for the F1 and F1N were real leather, and they were of course expensive cameras.

However, today I visited the British Motorcycle Museum, and I know I shouldn't have done this...but I couldn't resist.

I shot one roll of XP2, one of Gold 200 and one of Fujipro400, as soon as the shots are ready I'll publish them here, I promise!

Last edited by Cuthbert; 05-22-2016 at 12:10 PM.
05-23-2016, 12:53 AM - 1 Like   #4129
Pentaxian

A somewhat better photo of the Yashica Electro AX and 50mm I picked up last week. It's extremely well built and I can't wait to get a battery sorted out for it so I can give it a whirl.

It's quite an interesting camera. The film advance stops the lens down to the set aperture so that the auto exposure system can see the amount of light the exposure will get. The button on the front left here, which looks like it might be a DoF preview button is in fact the opposite - it opens the lens to maximum aperture in order to allow accurate focusing. It also has a built-in viewfinder curtain operated by a small switch at the back.

DSCF1030a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

05-23-2016, 07:21 AM - 3 Likes   #4130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Workbench

Need to get a round toit... whole row of Leica clones waiting.
Name:  Workbench.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  143.2 KB
HP5 - Trying out a repair on my Leica CL
05-24-2016, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #4131
Veteran Member

Wonderful stuff lately, guys!

Let me contribute a little something. I recently got some Impossible film for my original SX-70 (Right, born Feb. 20 1974), and while I was looking on eBay for film, I found the TimeZero AF SX-70 on the right (Born June 8, 1981.) Seller had an ask of $74 with flashgun, but since it was one of those as-is, untested deals, I offered 50 and got it. Turns out, it's flawless.

The SX-70 is one of the most brilliant cameras of all time, and I'm addicted to these now. The really astonishing thing about the AF camera is how just-plain-good the Sonar autofocus is. It's quick and positive, never hunts and rarely gets it wrong. If it could focus in mirrors and through windows, it'd be perfect
05-25-2016, 12:30 AM   #4132
Pentaxian

From a boot sale near Poitiers on Sunday, an excellent working Yashica 35 Electro with case and an adapted battery for 10€ ... I would have paid 10 just for the case to go with my GSN or GT ...

It was rainy and I almost didn't go out hunting, but now very glad that I did. This one will go into the personal "keeper" collection ... happy camper yet again. (xpost)

05-25-2016, 12:24 PM   #4133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
From a boot sale near Poitiers on Sunday, an excellent working Yashica 35 Electro with case and an adapted battery for 10€ ... I would have paid 10 just for the case to go with my GSN or GT ...

It was rainy and I almost didn't go out hunting, but now very glad that I did. This one will go into the personal "keeper" collection ... happy camper yet again. (xpost)
The Electro 35 series might be the very best fixed-lens rangefinders ever made.
05-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #4134
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
It's quite an interesting camera. The film advance stops the lens down to the set aperture so that the auto exposure system can see the amount of light the exposure will get. The button on the front left here, which looks like it might be a DoF preview button is in fact the opposite - it opens the lens to maximum aperture in order to allow accurate focusing.
Brilliant! I can totally see how this would work, though it might be a little clumsy if own were firing off a series of shots.

Steve
05-25-2016, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #4135
Veteran Member

My Minolta af lenses. All have metal bodies and are pretty heavy (well except the 50mm f1.7).

05-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #4136
Veteran Member

After some time of hiatus I snagged few lenses and a kit.

A Flektogon 35mm in PB mount for my Praktica system...at a decent price:

As where I am I don't have my Praktica bodies I decided to get this nice kit for £20, I hope I didn't overspend and I was honestly more attracted by the extra (CZJ bag, DDR filter and hoods, TTL flash) than by the camera and lens itself, indeed very common:

Also got one of these famous Pancolar fifties with electric connectors as I am looking for a VLC or PLC body:

This one is for my LX:

05-25-2016, 06:33 PM - 3 Likes   #4137

Such a great combo - AP-K with the Takumar (sonnar) 83/1.9

05-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #4138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote
Beautiful....

Here's the Canon EOS 30 I bought to have something better to use with the Tamron 28-75.

DSCF1033a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
05-29-2016, 04:21 AM   #4139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote
Oh yes!!!
05-29-2016, 09:40 PM - 2 Likes   #4140
Pentaxian

Local camera show acquisition. I've been wanting one of the older 6x6 SLRs for a while, and the price was right for it.

What an odd shutter it has though. Somewhat similar to the Exa, in that the mirror acts as the first curtain.

(And no, I have no idea how to properly read the extinction meter on the top.)

Last edited by g026r; 05-29-2016 at 10:30 PM.