Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #4156
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by malinku Quote
Nice work on the Zenobia 645. I just picked up one of these that could use a new covering. But it first needed a lens cleaning so it is off to see Jurgen (certo6) atm.
Jurgen did a CLA and bellows replacement on my Agfa Billy 6x9 and I highly recommend him for work on these old folders.

04-21-2016, 10:07 PM - 1 Like   #4157
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
This is my latest acquisition -- a Pentax-M 50mm f/4 Macro lens that I found mint in the box at the local camera store for $75. Against my better judgement, I snapped it up, and it takes some awesome pics. :-)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
04-22-2016, 04:27 AM   #4158
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had the original Pentax macro - 50mm f4 preset - for my Asahi Pentax S. Tiny front element so deeply recessed from the filter threads that no hood was needed. It was by any measure a fine lens.
04-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #4159
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by logomancer Quote
This is my latest acquisition -- a Pentax-M 50mm f/4 Macro lens that I found mint in the box at the local camera store for $75. Against my better judgement, I snapped it up, and it takes some awesome pics. :-)
I found my Pentax M 50mm F4 macro on a local CL listing and it came in a plastic bag . . .

If you didn't already know, it doesn't take awesome pictures but you do. However, it will provide you with particularly super sharp images - provided that is what you want. I tested mine using it on my Pentax K20D - as well as on my Pentax LX using Kodak Techpan. Based on the results, my not so mint in a box copy is not going to be the reason I cannot fully resolve a scene as sharply as I can possibly get it if that is my intent. So go out there and let that Pentax Macro lens enable you to take the sharpest pics you want . . .

04-23-2016, 04:31 PM - 3 Likes   #4160
Pentaxian

My latest is to add to the collection of the early "S" models. Excuse the poor shot, but is gives some information. Chronologically it starts with the K and H2 below, then left to right, The latest acqusitions, The S3 and S1. To their right the S1A and SV. The S1 and S3 are in beautiful cosmetic shape, but the shutters are sluggish. The others are fully operational along with many duplicates of these. True, I don't have the pre K models, but those command a premium that deters me at the moment. The S1 is quite rare, about 46000 made.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
04-24-2016, 02:05 AM   #4161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
My latest is to add to the collection of the early "S" models. Excuse the poor shot, but is gives some information. Chronologically it starts with the K and H2 below, then left to right, The latest acqusitions, The S3 and S1. To their right the S1A and SV. The S1 and S3 are in beautiful cosmetic shape, but the shutters are sluggish. The others are fully operational along with many duplicates of these. True, I don't have the pre K models, but those command a premium that deters me at the moment. The S1 is quite rare, about 46000 made.
Great collection. what lens is on the S1?

Cheers Baard-Einar
04-24-2016, 02:36 AM   #4162
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Great collection. what lens is on the S1?
Good spotting there. It came with a malfunctioning 55/2.2 Auto Tac (aperture spring disintegrated), and I happened to have a preset CZ Jen. 50/2.8 (beautiful silver metalwork) as a spare, and it made a perfect partner. (I tried a SMC Tac to see if it would work on auto, but it jammed on the pin at wider apertures.) Unlike the H2, you can't adjust the throw of the tripper. I thought the S1 was supposed to handle auto lenses.
04-25-2016, 12:17 AM   #4163
Pentaxian

Here's my very recently acquired EOS 300 with Tamron 28-75 f/2.8. I cleaned up the lens and now it looks almost mint. Not bad for €25.

The camera now has a roll of FP4+ in it.

IMGP9303a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

IMGP9309a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

04-25-2016, 07:16 AM   #4164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good spotting there. It came with a malfunctioning 55/2.2 Auto Tac (aperture spring disintegrated), and I happened to have a preset CZ Jen. 50/2.8 (beautiful silver metalwork) as a spare, and it made a perfect partner. (I tried a SMC Tac to see if it would work on auto, but it jammed on the pin at wider apertures.) Unlike the H2, you can't adjust the throw of the tripper. I thought the S1 was supposed to handle auto lenses.
I suspected this could happen using fully auto diaphragm lenses on the older models where the linkage was only designed to trip the latch in a semi-auto lens. Pushing against the diaphragm return spring takes more force than just tripping a latch.
04-29-2016, 11:13 PM - 5 Likes   #4165
Veteran Member

Time for shots of my TLRs.

04-29-2016, 11:27 PM   #4166
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by malinku Quote
Time for shots of my TLRs.
Lovely selection. All new to me except for the Diachord which looks like mine. What lens is in the Retina? (Tessar type?)
04-30-2016, 03:37 AM   #4167
Veteran Member

Lovely selection. All new to me except for the Diachord which looks like mine. What lens is in the Retina? (Tessar type?)
It has an 80mm f3.5 Anastigmat but Can't find info telling me what design it is. The other lens Reflex's also came with was the Anastar 80mm f3.5 which is a 4-element Tessar.
04-30-2016, 07:26 AM   #4168
Pentaxian

I own/have owned all of those except the Diacord. How does it perform? The Ricohflexes produce some shockingly good images considering their otherwise simple/cheap construction.
04-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #4169
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I own/have owned all of those except the Diacord. How does it perform? The Ricohflexes produce some shockingly good images considering their otherwise simple/cheap construction.
@Nesster is very fond of his. Here is a link to his Flickr album:

Jussi's Diacord Album on Flickr

Steve
04-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #4170
Pentaxian

Wow, great stuff. I'll have to keep an eye out for one. I have a Minolta Autocord which I rehabbed, which is pretty similar in design and also produces lovely photos. My main waist-level camera now, though is a Mamiya C-330 (mainly for the interchangeable lenses), but I've got a few yashicas and Ricohflexes lying around, too.

Next MF to try is a Plaubel Makina 670 I bought "cheap"(only $600 bucks!) that I am in the process of rehabbing (removed fungus from the finder and fixed the meter, still have to re-cement the separated rear element). Will post some photos here when it's done.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
@Nesster is very fond of his. Here is a link to his Flickr album:

Jussi's Diacord Album on Flickr

Steve