Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2013, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #496
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
That MZ-S is a thing of beauty but so is that lens!

A couple of half frame type cameras . . .

07-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #497
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently got an original Auto-Reflex to go with some AR mount lenses I had...man, that thing is so sweet.

Haven't tried a Pen F yet but I would love to.
07-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #498
Veteran Member

Yea, they really are great. I often get funny looks when I walk into a camera shop with my MTL-5 or L2, but they're great cameras and very capable instruments, light and tough. When I had a missing strap lug and new mirror foam put on the MTL 5 (I think the lug was cannibalised, the camera was too clean for it to be damage) the lady behind the repair counter tried to persuade me it wasn't worth it and wouldn't I rather put the money towards a MF Canon they had behind the counter...
Obviously my answer was a firm no, and I'm very glad to have the MTL-5, because I've got a huge kit of M42 glass and I find it offers a different shooting experience to my Spotmatic or F2.
I really want to find a waist level finder for the F2, it seems as though it would change one's shooting style a bit. Having one for a Praktica seems as though it would result in an extremely light and capable M42 set up.

QuoteOriginally posted by PLC3 Quote
Prakticas are great cameras, very rugged. They have never let me down and can run for years without CLA (no gooey mirror bumpers and the like). My first SLR was a Praktica and they are still my go-to cameras when in need of a camera for rough environments...

I do have a waist level for the VLC2 and I actually like using it, as it makes you think a lot more about your composition, but the inverted image does drive you crazy when you do street style photography and try to frame quickly!
07-17-2013, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #499
Pentaxian

This photo has made a MLU convert out of me. I've always used MLU on my 67 but I thought it was overkill on 35mm. This is probably one of the sharpest 35mm C-41 shots I've ever got (IMO). I shot this using a KX Motor Drive (without motor) with the self timer and MLU at 1/4s shutter. Lens was my SMC Pentax "K" 50/1.4 @ f/4 and film was expired Kodak Gold 200.

This is the K1000 SE that I currently have for sale.

07-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #500
Site Supporter

new toy

Here's my new MX that just arrived today from KEH. It was listed as bargain condition. Looks to be in very nice shape. I'm a film newbie but look forward to testing this baby out hopefully this weekend! Happy to join the film ranks!

(Took this with my K-30, but tried to give it a little bit of a gritty look. )
Attached Images

07-18-2013, 04:48 AM   #501
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
I recently got an original Auto-Reflex to go with some AR mount lenses I had...man, that thing is so sweet.

Haven't tried a Pen F yet but I would love to.
The full & half frame Auto-Reflex is really a pretty cool idea but must have driven the film processors crazy especially if you shot alternating full and half frame shots through the roll!

OTOH, the Olympus Pen FT only shot half frames but it is a substantially built camera that is typical of a 60's. Of course half frames are quite usable given today's exceptional film quality as well as using a Coolscan.
07-18-2013, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #502
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Here's my new MX that just arrived today from KEH. It was listed as bargain condition. Looks to be in very nice shape. I'm a film newbie but look forward to testing this baby out hopefully this weekend! Happy to join the film ranks!

(Took this with my K-30, but tried to give it a little bit of a gritty look. )
The MX was my gateway camera into the manual focus classic world! I was so impressed by it's gigantic full info viewfinder in the smallest manual 35mm SLR format that it compelled me to explore all the others to see what all else was there. You certainly could not have picked a better film camera to explore the world of film photography. Good luck, have fun and share some results!
07-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #503
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
The MX was my gateway camera into the manual focus classic world! I was so impressed by it's gigantic full info viewfinder in the smallest manual 35mm SLR format that it compelled me to explore all the others to see what all else was there. You certainly could not have picked a better film camera to explore the world of film photography. Good luck, have fun and share some results!
Thanks very much! Great to read that and I am giddy with excitement! Hope to eventually have something worth sharing.

07-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #504
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
This photo has made a MLU convert out of me. I've always used MLU on my 67 but I thought it was overkill on 35mm. This is probably one of the sharpest 35mm C-41 shots I've ever got (IMO). I shot this using a KX Motor Drive (without motor) with the self timer and MLU at 1/4s shutter. Lens was my SMC Pentax "K" 50/1.4 @ f/4 and film was expired Kodak Gold 200.

This is the K1000 SE that I currently have for sale.
Great photo of a beautiful camera. I would buy it, but I already have a K1000 SE on my shelf looking pretty
07-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #505
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Great photo of a beautiful camera. I would buy it, but I already have a K1000 SE on my shelf looking pretty
Thanks.
The camera is now sold.
07-18-2013, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #506
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Thanks.
The camera is now sold.
Before I bought my LX I said I would sell the sell it. Now I have a LX....and yet there it is

07-19-2013, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #507
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
Before I bought my LX I said I would sell the sell it. Now I have a LX....and yet there it is
Because they make such great models . . .

Taken on Agfa Ultra 100
07-19-2013, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #508
pid

Photos: Gallery
love my old superA with the stellar A 2.8/20
Attached Images

07-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #509

You all continue to post too much beautiful gear into this thread. Kudos.
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM - 1 Like   #510
Pentaxian

Just picked this up for $65. Like new condition and functioning perfectly.