Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9445 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2018, 08:17 AM   #5221

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Yes, the 35 and 40 are the others. Of the two, I'd recommend the former - it's a more normal field of view, has 1:1 macro and is sharper with overall superb IQ.
Thanks.
I used the 35 for the shot.

Just the 40 left to get. ( :

01-24-2018, 08:11 PM - 2 Likes   #5222
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some recent acquisitions
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-PM1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-PM1  Photo 
01-25-2018, 07:13 AM   #5223
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Bronica looks like a bit of a beast, Makes my wrist ache just thinking about trying to hand-hold it as it was designed to be used. I had a Bronica S2 for a few years when I was in college, but found it too heavy and lenses beyond my price range. Aside from the 75mm Nikkor that came with the body, the only lens I could afford was a used 250mm f4 Nikkor short-mount made for use on the reflex housing mechanism of Nikon rangefinder cameras. Apparently that lens has become a collector's item.
01-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #5224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
The Bronica looks like a bit of a beast, Makes my wrist ache just thinking about trying to hand-hold it as it was designed to be used. I had a Bronica S2 for a few years when I was in college, but found it too heavy and lenses beyond my price range. Aside from the 75mm Nikkor that came with the body, the only lens I could afford was a used 250mm f4 Nikkor short-mount made for use on the reflex housing mechanism of Nikon rangefinder cameras. Apparently that lens has become a collector's item.
To be fair, the Bronica does have mounting points for a neck strap, so you don't have to use it with only a wrist strap. Part of the bulk is the built-in winder. Right now I waiting on a film back before I can really give it a whirl.

When I get my Kiev-6s (Pentacon 6 mount), hopefully I'll be able to give both a better work out, and see which system I'll actually get more lenses for.

Just to mention the ME: it was in a lot with the Bronica, and it seems to be in great working order.

01-27-2018, 12:32 AM - 1 Like   #5225
Pentaxian

Not my camera but found on display in a nice little coffee shop in Florence, Italy.

Polaroid
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
01-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #5226
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not my camera but found on display in a nice little coffee shop in Florence, Italy.
Polaroid Swinger,
used a roll film version of the original peel apart process. I think only B&W was available.
you got a ~2"x3" print out of it. My family had one when I was young. Late 1960's vintage.
Did some of my first photography with it. Not sure if ours isn't still in a box somewhere. We don't seem to get rid of cameras in my family.
01-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #5227
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Polaroid
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
Polaroid Swinger,
used a roll film version of the original peel apart process. I think only B&W was available.
you got a ~2"x3" print out of it. My family had one when I was young. Late 1960's vintage.
Did some of my first photography with it. Not sure if ours isn't still in a box somewhere. We don't seem to get rid of cameras in my family.
I remember those. It was fairly inexpensive (not much more than an Instamatic) and took 20-series roll-film. I too remember it as being B&W.

...and the manual:

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/polaroid_cameras/polaroid_cameras.htm (way down the page)

Steve

01-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #5228
Veteran Member

The Swinger was the most used camera at our house back in the mid-60s. I've still got several of the pics from back then around here somewhere.

What I remember most about it was that evil-smelling goopy pink bar you had to wipe over the images or else they would fade. As I also dimly recall, you had to squeeze the shutter release post so the camera would meter the scene, iirc. Well, I remember having to squeeze the shutter release post, at least. Not exactly sure why anymore.
01-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #5229
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It was fairly inexpensive (not much more than an Instamatic) and took 20-series roll-film
About the time that Land discovered Gillette's formula for success, The polaroid process films were always the expensive part

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
evil-smelling goopy pink bar
I had forgotten that part, I used that goop with the polaroid sheet film in my 4X5 cameras, funny that kind of book end to my experience with polaroid.
We never had an SX70, so never played around with the instant film.
01-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #5230
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

What I remember most about it was that evil-smelling goopy pink bar you had to wipe over the images or else they would fade.
I vividly remember the smell!

As I also dimly recall, you had to squeeze the shutter release post so the camera would meter the scene, iirc.
One would squeeze the sides of the shutter release to turn on the lamp for the extinction meter. The meter was then visible in the viewfinder and the task was to turn the outside of the shutter release until the display said "Yes". It was quick and easy to remember.

Steve
01-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #5231

Bought myself a digital relic the other day! It’s a Fujifilm S2 Pro DSLR from 2002. It’s based on a Nikon film body and works quite well, love the saturated colours it makes straight out of the camera. Apparently it’s something to do with the old Super-CCD sensor in these types of Fuji’s. Can’t post any photos at the minute though
02-02-2018, 06:05 PM - 5 Likes   #5232
Veteran Member

Went out shooting today with fellow member GerryM. Snapped this pic of our cameras.

02-09-2018, 04:58 AM - 1 Like   #5233
Pentaxian

A Petri 7s, 45mm f2.8 lens, with its Green-O-Matic viewfinder and Circle Eye metering system. My first camera - from around 1970 - I really enjoyed using it in my pre-teen years, until inheriting a Spotmatic II, and the Petri was never used again, and only recently re-discovered at the bottom of a storage box. Today, the Petri I'd love to own is the Color 35.
02-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #5234
Veteran Member

Does that Petri have the film wind crank on the bottom, similar to the Kodak II and III rangefinders, and the late Canon rangefinders?
02-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #5235
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Does that Petri have the film wind crank on the bottom, similar to the Kodak II and III rangefinders, and the late Canon rangefinders?
I don't think Petri ever did that. If you look closely you can see the end of the slot for the lever wind at the near end of the camera, just behind & below the neck strap attachment.