Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2013, 11:25 AM - 1 Like   #691
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Sometimes you just can't say no to another camera, especially when it comes with a W.ROKKOR-X 24/2.8
Darth Camera

Steve

09-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #692
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote

A group photo of my 4x5, 3x4 and 8x10 gear, before I start selling some of it. The 8x10, 4x5 field camera, and Graflex are safe. The Toyo-view is definitely going.

The Graflex is a 3x4 camera with a 4x5 back, and I may graft a 4x5 back onto the little 3x4 speeder.

AND I USE ALL OF THEM.
Sweet collection. My 1st 4x5 was a studio Toyo monorail but I didn't have it long before trading it in for a wooden field.
09-17-2013, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #693
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Darth Camera

Steve
I knew that I had heard some very heavy breathing ... oh, wait ... that was probably me ...
09-17-2013, 05:18 PM - 2 Likes   #694
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sometimes you just can't say no to another camera, especially when it comes with a W.ROKKOR-X 24/2.8
Very nice!

I too couldn't resist when I found the my 1972 XK originally with the AE finder. Then sometime later, I managed to find an AE-S finder which was released with the motor version in 1976.

My original and upgraded XK

Here is an ad for the XK at the time of it's release.

Larger version -> http://www.fototime.com/D5140C62562E4AA/orig.jpg

09-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #695
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote

A group photo of my 4x5, 3x4 and 8x10 gear, before I start selling some of it. The 8x10, 4x5 field camera, and Graflex are safe. The Toyo-view is definitely going.

The Graflex is a 3x4 camera with a 4x5 back, and I may graft a 4x5 back onto the little 3x4 speeder.

AND I USE ALL OF THEM.
Yeah but do you use all of them at the same time . . .

That's a lot of film area to expose!
09-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #696
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
... My original and upgraded XK
More heavy breathing ... lots of it !
09-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #697
Veteran Member

Very nice!

I too couldn't resist when I found the my 1972 XK originally with the AE finder. Then sometime later, I managed to find an AE-S finder which was released with the motor version in 1976.

My original and upgraded XK

Here is an ad for the XK at the time of it's release.

Larger version -> http://www.fototime.com/D5140C62562E4AA/orig.jpg
Is there a trick getting the Auto mode working? Mine just locks up when the shutter is fired in Auto. With the finder turned on and the grip sensor pressed.

09-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #698
Veteran Member

Yeah but do you use all of them at the same time . . .

That's a lot of film area to expose!
I can't convince my fiancee to play pack mule for me, otherwise I would. Typically, it's one at a time, though I found I can theoretically fit both the Super Graphic and the Toko in the same camera bag. I have on occasion also taken the Super Graphic and the Graflex out at the same time, though that combo gets bulky fast.

I am currently in the process of deciding if the Super Graphic is worth keeping for its handheld capability, or if I should pass it on now that I have the 4x5 wooden field camera. The 4x5 field can use my 75mm lens with full movements, which the Super can't, but the Super has handheld shooting possibilities with lenses that have matching cams.

I think it will all depend if I get that little Speeder working with a 4x5 back or not.
09-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #699
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
This is why I don't buy vintage. They're so pretty I'd be afraid to touch them, and then unixrevolution will yell at me. A lot.
As owner of a rather alarming number of vintage cameras, especially for my income bracket, I can safely say they are not fragile by any means. Even though I treat them more gently than I would if I could afford to replace and fix them when I break them by being careless I get a lot of mileage from them. Even my relatively frail Leica M2 isn't something I have to mollycoddle.

And of course, if you buy vintage cameras just to look at, they atrophy and die. This is my main objection to buying vintage cameras (or cars for that matter) just as display pieces. If you want to just look at them, take pictures and frame them. Otherwise, let a deserving film shooter have the privelege of using them enough to keep them in working condition.
09-18-2013, 05:05 AM   #700
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
OK guys ... what would you do ... my really, really lucky thrift store acquisitions form yesterday ...

- A fully working Olympus OM-2 with a clean, but cosmetically worn Angénieux 35-70/2.5-3.3 ... do I convert/keep it or sell/trade it or other (?)
- A Vivitar Series 1 24-48/3.8 with clean optics, but oily blades and rough cosmetics with a generic case
Nice catch !

QuoteOriginally posted by abieleck Quote
X-posted in MF thread

More film on film action. The view is through a Pentax LX 35mm with waist lever finder. Shot with my Hasselblad 500cm / 80mm C T* lens and extension tube on T-Max 400.
A beauty !
09-18-2013, 05:17 AM - 2 Likes   #701
Pentaxian

Pentax' largest and smallest SLRs

(Cross-post from "Post your photos") My neighbour's daugther wanted a photo for her Facebook profile, so I took the opportunity to make some Pentax promotion photos as well. The Pentax Auto 110 is small and cute - and now Lomography as film for it as well - both colour and BW.

[Lens: smc Pentax DA* 50-135 F2.8 SDM Camera: Pentax k-5 Photo Location: At home ISO: 250 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 2x AF540FGZ wireless flash with umbrellas]
09-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #702
Pentaxian

Is there a trick getting the Auto mode working? Mine just locks up when the shutter is fired in Auto. With the finder turned on and the grip sensor pressed.
Normally working, with good batteries, finder switch in the on position and shutter dial on A, the meter is always on and responds to changes in light or aperture changes. If this is the case, then pressing the shutter should fire at the shutter speed last indicated by the meter.
09-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #703
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LaHo Quote
(Cross-post from "Post your photos") My neighbour's daugther wanted a photo for her Facebook profile, so I took the opportunity to make some Pentax promotion photos as well. The Pentax Auto 110 is small and cute - and now Lomography as film for it as well - both colour and BW.

[Lens: smc Pentax DA* 50-135 F2.8 SDM Camera: Pentax k-5 Photo Location: At home ISO: 250 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 2x AF540FGZ wireless flash with umbrellas]
Way to contrast the tiny 110 and the massive 6X7!
09-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #704
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LaHo Quote

Nice work. Love the contrast too.

I've noticed a lot of people here on PF use that wooden grip on the P67. Mine has been on the shelf for 20 years. I never use it for some reason.
09-18-2013, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #705
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Nice work. Love the contrast too.

I've noticed a lot of people here on PF use that wooden grip on the P67. Mine has been on the shelf for 20 years. I never use it for some reason.
I don't use the wooden grip when I actually take a picture. Then I hold the camera as I would any other large SLR with the camera and lens resting in the palm of my left hand and my left-hand fingers touching the focussing ring. But I find the wooden grip great for gripping the camera and also carrying the camera when not actually taking photos. I have planned to make a smaller, custom wooden grip to be mounted on the right-hand side, as that would probably be more useful, but I have never got round to it.
I have never used the Pentax 6x7 for flash photography, so the flash cold shoe is not important.